Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________, Pollan says, is the theme which unifies the questions being raised in agricultural biotechnology.
2. Antheleme Brillat-Savarin noted, "Tell me what you _______ and I will tell you what you are."
3. The ___________ can serve as a sort of DNA fingerprint if a person wants to determine if a plant is a Monsanto plant.
(c) Cell structure.
(d) Marker gene.
4. Some Christians believed that potato was the _________ matter, while bread was antimatter and even spirit in nature.
5. Potatoes today are descended from the center of _________ in the Andean altiplano, where wild ancestors grew them.
(b) Plain land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took to wearing potato flowers in her hair in order to encourage the peasants to grow this plant for themselves?
2. The book states that one culture's cure all could be another culture's 'root of all evil' also known as ________.
3. What kind of storm took place in December of 1999, causing the gardens of Versailles to be ruined?
4. Dependence on the potato had made the ________ vulnerable to the perils of the economy as well as to those of nature.
5. Into what kind of plant have plant breeders inserted a gene from a firefly, making the plants glow, although for no apparent reason, according to Pollan?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)