|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book states that one culture's cure all could be another culture's 'root of all evil' also known as ________.
2. Farmers who plant Bt crops must leave a certain portion of their land for non-Bt crops to provide a ________ for the bugs.
3. According to the book, some of the most bitter and "bad" plants are the ones that contain the most powerful _______.
4. The ___________ can serve as a sort of DNA fingerprint if a person wants to determine if a plant is a Monsanto plant.
(c) Cell structure.
(d) Marker gene.
5. In the book, Pollan was almost caught by the police for growing a couple of ______ plants on his property.
(b) Morning glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The French romantics were said to have experimented with ________ after Napoleon's troops brought it back with them from Egypt.
2. Pollan suggests that on a biochemical level, psychoactive plants affect the brain much the way that the following activities except ______ affect it.
3. What is a good place to experiment and a place to try out new plants and techniques without having to risk a lot?
4. One way to look at ___________ engineering is to think that it allows humans to insert their intelligence into a crop.
5. Psychoactive drugs serve as bridges between the worlds of matter and spirit, or in modern language _______and consciousness.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)