|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the name given to the state-of-the-art growing regimen that could yield three pounds of sinsemilla in two months' time.
(a) Pool of Green.
(b) Ocean of Green.
(c) Sea of Green.
(d) Lake of Green.
2. Certain drugs, Pollan states, will cause objects around us to change until they appear as the _________ versions of themselves.
3. Goats are associated with the discovery of _____, when it was observed they became frisky after eating the red berries.
4. One way to look at ___________ engineering is to think that it allows humans to insert their intelligence into a crop.
5. What is a good place to experiment and a place to try out new plants and techniques without having to risk a lot?
(b) Scientific lab.
(d) Flower pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time in history, the __________ of a plant is being domesticated by humans and by the scientific changes of humans.
2. According to the book, drugs that alter the user's perception of time and space are taboo because they disrupt the _______.
3. ________, Pollan says, is the theme which unifies the questions being raised in agricultural biotechnology.
4. When the ___________ harvest failed in England in 1794, it seems that the poor were not going to be able to buy the bread they needed.
5. The book suggests that the decisions that a culture makes in which plants drugs to promote or prohibit help to ______.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)