|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, cannabis is now America's leading _______ with sinsemilla selling for upwards of $500 an ounce.
(b) Cash crop.
(c) Economic problem.
2. ________, Pollan says, is the theme which unifies the questions being raised in agricultural biotechnology.
3. What kind of storm took place in December of 1999, causing the gardens of Versailles to be ruined?
(d) Snow storm.
4. A growing technique which requires few tools and and a minimal amount of labor is called a ___________.
(a) Lazy bed.
(b) Sleepy bed.
(c) True bed.
(d) Easy bed.
5. Some of the ways children have been known to seek this altered state of consciousness include all of the following except______.
(a) Jumping out of trees.
(b) Deliberately hyperventilating.
(c) Spinning until violently dizzy.
(d) Eating processed sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. The books suggests that all of the following are successful defenses plants have adopted except _______.
2. Farmers who plant Bt crops must leave a certain portion of their land for non-Bt crops to provide a ________ for the bugs.
3. The book suggests that gardens used to be planted as a kind of living _____ that cared little for aesthetics.
4. An industrial farmer needs to buy an expensive amount of __________, like chemical fertilizers, machinery, fuel, and pesticides.
5. Potatoes today are descended from the center of _________ in the Andean altiplano, where wild ancestors grew them.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)