|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fortius, a professor, could be seen patrolling the streets of the city, ______ any tulip that he encountered.
(c) Digging up.
2. What is the name of the company which makes the genetically modified potato called "NewLeaf"?
(c) Whole Foods.
3. Darwin in his original book about the origin of species was adamant that man does not introduce or produce _____________.
(a) The same breed.
(c) Genetically modified plants.
4. Chinese poets likened the blossoms of the peony to a ______.
(a) Bee's sexual organs.
(b) Woman's sexual organs.
(c) Man's sexual organs.
(d) Elephant's sexual organs.
5. American hippies sometimes traveled the _______ in Afghanistan and returned with seeds of Cannabis Indica.
(a) The Hashish Trail.
(b) The Indica Trail.
(c) The Bud Trail.
(d) The Hemp Trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. The scourge of potatoes has always been the _________ potato beetle, which can pick a plant clean of its leaves.
2. Into what kind of plant have plant breeders inserted a gene from a firefly, making the plants glow, although for no apparent reason, according to Pollan?
3. Pollan believes that the idea of planting and of growing plants causes humans to be filled with a sense of _________.
4. The consensus in Holland was that the tulip ______ was the most beautiful flower in the world and a masterpiece.
5. Some of the farmers who grow potatoes are happy with Monsanto since this means they can skip a few _________, which saves them money.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)