|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took to wearing potato flowers in her hair in order to encourage the peasants to grow this plant for themselves?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) Anne Tyler.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) No one.
2. Genetic ____________ is the catchall term used to describe the various unexpected effects that misplaced or unregulated foreign genes can have in an environment.
3. Pigeons are associated with the discovery of ______ because of their spacing out behavior after eating the seeds.
4. A growing technique which requires few tools and and a minimal amount of labor is called a ___________.
(a) True bed.
(b) Lazy bed.
(c) Sleepy bed.
(d) Easy bed.
5. The consensus in Holland was that the tulip ______ was the most beautiful flower in the world and a masterpiece.
(a) Queen of Darkness.
(b) Queen of Night.
(c) Semper Augustus.
(d) Black Dahlia.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, drugs that alter the user's perception of time and space are taboo because they disrupt the _______.
2. According to the book, the tulip is said to have the consciousness of _______, evoking clarity and order.
3. According to the book, the human penchant for drugs has allowed people to trip the brain's ______ system washing the brain in 'feel good' chemicals.
4. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
5. What kind of storm took place in December of 1999, causing the gardens of Versailles to be ruined?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)