|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________, Pollan believes, is brutally reductive, simplifying nature's incomprehensible complexity to something humanly manageable.
2. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
3. Fortius, a professor, could be seen patrolling the streets of the city, ______ any tulip that he encountered.
(c) Digging up.
4. For the first time in history, the __________ of a plant is being domesticated by humans and by the scientific changes of humans.
(b) Chemical structure.
5. A growing technique which requires few tools and and a minimal amount of labor is called a ___________.
(a) Sleepy bed.
(b) Easy bed.
(c) Lazy bed.
(d) True bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost all apples grown for eating are cultivars, meaning that they are ______.
2. Johnny Appleseed was known for introducing the apple to the following states except _____.
3. Pollan refers to the _____ as the gothic femme fatale in the masculine world of tulips.
4. The book suggests that colors and symmetries are elemental principles of ______.
5. Peruvian legend has it that _____ are associated with the discovery of quinine through eating the bark of the cinchona tree.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)