|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book suggests that deep down, many gardeners see themselves as ________ transforming compost, water, and light into beauty.
2. According to the book, species tulips in Turkey typically come in ______ and less commonly in white or yellow.
3. ________ was an American Pioneer and introduced the apple in the Midwestern United States.
(a) Phil Forsline.
(b) John Chapman.
(c) John Calhoun.
(d) William Jones.
4. The author speculates that in order to transcend the normal day experience, we may need to a single volume of knowledge, which is a natural history of the __________.
(c) Plant world.
5. Lenson points out that many people of the past tried to __________ the use of drugs by calling it imagination.
(b) Laugh about.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
2. Some Christians believed that potato was the _________ matter, while bread was antimatter and even spirit in nature.
3. An industrial farmer needs to buy an expensive amount of __________, like chemical fertilizers, machinery, fuel, and pesticides.
4. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
5. The books suggests that all of the following are successful defenses plants have adopted except _______.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)