|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost all apples grown for eating are cultivars, meaning that they are ______.
(b) Special seeds.
(c) Planted into the soil.
(d) Hydroponically grown.
2. The book states that one culture's cure all could be another culture's 'root of all evil' also known as ________.
3. According to the book, the human penchant for drugs has allowed people to trip the brain's ______ system washing the brain in 'feel good' chemicals.
4. Chapman stated that he was promised "a true wife in heaven" and thus he never ______.
(a) Lived at home.
(c) Spoke to women.
(d) Had relationships.
5. When a buyer of tulips finished the sale, they were required to pay "wijnkoopsgeld" or ______ money.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ change the taste of plant flesh on the tongues of certain animals and can render the sweetest fruit sour.
2. _______ is an annual convention and harvest fair sponsored by High Times Magazine that attracts many growers.
3. The book states that the effect of making pot illegal was that the counterculture engaged in _______the plant.
4. In order to reduce time and energy spent on growing male sinsemilla plants which are useless, growers started ______.
5. Certain drugs, Pollan states, will cause objects around us to change until they appear as the _________ versions of themselves.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)