|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Appleseed had originally come west from the state of _____ when he was 23 years old.
(b) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
2. In the book, Johnny Appleseed was called a benign _________ of the American Fronteir.
(a) Saint Augustine.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Thomas.
(d) Saint Phillip.
3. Chapman practiced the faith of ______ and was known to launch into sermons when visiting.
4. The book states that certain flowers are reminiscent of Greek Gods. The rose and the peony are stated to be flowers of ______.
5. Probably as a defense to discourage animals from biting into them, apple seeds contain a small amount of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The color of a tulip is always composed of _____ hues one of which is a base color that is always yellow or white.
2. Johnny Appleseed is generally acknowledged as having planted _______ of apple seeds across a wide range of orchards.
3. Pollan asserts that Jews and Christians discouraged devotion to flowers because it was a threat to _______.
4. Flowers are unable to choose ______ and therefore must rely on extravagant displays to attract insects.
5. Instead of wind and water moving genetic material around, the emerging plants were now enlisting the help of ______.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)