|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book suggests that Herbert's view of tulipmania is a parable of utopianism, specifically _______.
2. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
3. The concept of the apple being a healthy and wholesome fruit was dreamed up to fight the negative image from ______.
(a) The Women's Christian Plant Union.
(b) The Women's Christian Temperance Union.
(c) The Women's Christian Abstinence Union.
(d) The Women's Christian Union.
4. Petals curving inward to hide its sexual organs, the tulip is ______ among flowers, and somewhat aloof.
(b) An introvert.
(c) An extrovert.
(d) A show-off.
5. According to the book, species tulips in Turkey typically come in ______ and less commonly in white or yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book states that before the evolution of flowers, life existed in a much _______ world.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. Since Appleseed raised his trees from seed, most of the fruit was not suitable for _______.
4. Johnny Appleseed was famous or infamous for wearing a _______ around wherever he went.
5. Teaching men how to ferment the juice of the grape, ______ had brought civilization the gift of wine.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)