|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The color of a tulip is always composed of _____ hues one of which is a base color that is always yellow or white.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. The tulip that Pollan has on his desk, a Queen of Night, has no ______, which he indicates is because it is meant to be visual.
4. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
5. Pollan refers to the _____ as the gothic femme fatale in the masculine world of tulips.
(a) Semper Augustus.
(c) Black Dhalia.
(d) Queen of Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
2. The Greeks believed that true beauty was the offspring of form and ecstasy personified in ______ and Apollo.
3. According to the book, the plants that form flowers and then encased seeds are known as ______.
4. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
5. According to the book, _____ are the only people on Earth who do not have a practice of using psychoactive plants to change consciousness.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)