|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The color of a tulip is always composed of _____ hues one of which is a base color that is always yellow or white.
2. The flower that is presented as being the symbol of the human desire for beauty is the ______.
3. The opposite condition to the collective flower frenzy in which a person's depression keeps them from enjoying flowers is ______.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson, who knew a thing or two about natural history, called the apple, _______
(a) The Canadian fruit.
(b) A feeling of home.
(c) The American fruit.
(d) The best treat.
5. Johnny Appleseed is generally acknowledged as having planted _______ of apple seeds across a wide range of orchards.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Tens of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "broken tulip" was eventually found to be caused by ______ which was discovered with the invention of the electron microscope.
2. ______ has written two books claiming that consciousness changing is a basic human activity that even children seek out.
3. The plants that have contributed to the shaping of human existence include all of the following except _______.
4. The book states that the devotion to flowers had remnants of _____ nature worship that threatened Judeo-Christian faiths.
5. _______ are substances studied by ethnobotanists and refer to "the god within."
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)