|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Appleseed raised his trees from seed, most of the fruit was not suitable for _______.
(c) Making cider.
2. The book compares tulips in fields to ______ or lipsticks, merely flashes of bright color on the horizon.
3. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
4. Petals curving inward to hide its sexual organs, the tulip is ______ among flowers, and somewhat aloof.
(a) An extrovert.
(b) A show-off.
(c) An introvert.
5. Johnny Appleseed is generally acknowledged as having planted _______ of apple seeds across a wide range of orchards.
(a) Tens of thousands.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flowers have been given the ability to attract other species using a variety of senses except ______.
2. The book suggests that Herbert's view of tulipmania is a parable of utopianism, specifically _______.
3. In an attempt to look like decaying meat, a ______ plant has red and white striated coloring and a rancid smell.
4. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
5. Before flowers, sexual reproduction consisted of _____ being dispersed by the wind to be caught by other plants.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)