|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Petals curving inward to hide its sexual organs, the tulip is ______ among flowers, and somewhat aloof.
(b) An introvert.
(c) A show-off.
(d) An extrovert.
2. The book states that almost all cultures around the world love flowers with the notable exception of _______.
3. According to the book, the word _____ is a corruption of the Turkish word for Turban.
4. Instead of wind and water moving genetic material around, the emerging plants were now enlisting the help of ______.
5. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ or 'white lightning' preceded hard cider as the alcohol containing drink of choice on the frontier.
2. The book suggests that the Ottoman ideal of tulip beauty was elegant, sharp, and ________.
3. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
4. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
5. In the book, Johnny Appleseed was called a benign _________ of the American Fronteir.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)