|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the unit of money used in Holland. After 1635, the price of a bulb of Switzers went from 60 to 1500.
2. The book states that before the evolution of flowers, life existed in a much _______ world.
(c) More beautiful.
(d) More complicated.
3. According to the book, species tulips in Turkey typically come in ______ and less commonly in white or yellow.
4. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
5. Pollan asserts that even though daffodils came early in the season, _______ is not a true color for a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chinese poets likened the blossoms of the peony to a ______.
2. The process of trying to impersonate other plants or animals in order to attract or repel is called ______.
3. Chapman is known to have floated one hundred miles down the Allegheny river on _______, fast asleep.
4. The book states that the presence of flowers is a reliable predictor of future _____ and therefore was important to humans in the past.
5. Since Appleseed raised his trees from seed, most of the fruit was not suitable for _______.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)