|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan asserts that due to the use of apple grafts from one generation to the next, the apple population has been made____.
(a) More wholesome.
(d) More nutritious.
2. According to the book, the word _____ is a corruption of the Turkish word for Turban.
3. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
(b) Ft. Wayne.
4. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
(b) Middle Eastern.
5. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
2. Instead of wind and water moving genetic material around, the emerging plants were now enlisting the help of ______.
3. ______ is a sign of health in creatures since mutations and disease can easily disrupt it.
4. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
5. In an attempt to look like decaying meat, a ______ plant has red and white striated coloring and a rancid smell.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)