|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks believed that true beauty was the offspring of form and ecstasy personified in ______ and Apollo.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. ______ is a sign of health in creatures since mutations and disease can easily disrupt it.
4. Flowers have been given the ability to attract other species using a variety of senses except ______.
5. Appleseed had originally come west from the state of _____ when he was 23 years old.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
2. The apple is presented in this book as strongly appealing to humanity's desire for _______.
3. ______ is the most widely cultivated fruit and has been put into religious stories including that of Adam and Eve.
4. Appleseed used most of his crops in order to make ______, which led him to be thought of as an 'American Dionysus.'
5. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)