|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
(c) Without his hat.
(d) Without a coat.
2. The book states that the devotion to flowers had remnants of _____ nature worship that threatened Judeo-Christian faiths.
3. Appleseed used most of his crops in order to make ______, which led him to be thought of as an 'American Dionysus.'
(a) Fermented cider.
(b) Apple vodka.
(c) Apple crisp.
(d) Apple pie.
4. ______ is the most widely cultivated fruit and has been put into religious stories including that of Adam and Eve.
5. The book states that before the evolution of flowers, life existed in a much _______ world.
(b) More complicated.
(c) More beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
2. Chapman was credited for introducing 'Johnny weed' or ________, to the state of Ohio.
3. Flowers have been given the ability to attract other species using a variety of senses except ______.
4. The flower that is presented as being the symbol of the human desire for beauty is the ______.
5. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)