|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apples were the only avenue early settlers had for obtaining ______, which the Native Americans obtained from Maples.
(c) Vitamin D.
2. The tulip is considered by the author to be the most ______ of flowers, referring especially to the way the flower forces itself out of the ground.
3. Since Appleseed raised his trees from seed, most of the fruit was not suitable for _______.
(c) Making cider.
4. The book suggests that Herbert's view of tulipmania is a parable of utopianism, specifically _______.
5. The Greeks believed that true beauty was the offspring of form and ecstasy personified in ______ and Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book states that the presence of flowers is a reliable predictor of future _____ and therefore was important to humans in the past.
2. Pollan asserts that due to the use of apple grafts from one generation to the next, the apple population has been made____.
3. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
4. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
5. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)