|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
2. The book suggests that _____ determined the evolution of the flower by valuing 'broken' strains that were sick.
3. The fact that apple seeds do not produce a similar apple as the tree they came from is scientifically called ______.
4. Flowers are unable to choose ______ and therefore must rely on extravagant displays to attract insects.
5. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The early colonists to America in addition to bringing grafts also brought apple seeds to plant called ______.
2. According to the book, the plants that form flowers and then encased seeds are known as ______.
3. Petals curving inward to hide its sexual organs, the tulip is ______ among flowers, and somewhat aloof.
4. Apples were the only avenue early settlers had for obtaining ______, which the Native Americans obtained from Maples.
5. Pollan asserts that due to the use of apple grafts from one generation to the next, the apple population has been made____.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)