|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
2. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
(c) Genetic engineering.
3. Chapman practiced the faith of ______ and was known to launch into sermons when visiting.
4. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
5. ________ was an American Pioneer and introduced the apple in the Midwestern United States.
(a) John Chapman.
(b) William Jones.
(c) Phil Forsline.
(d) John Calhoun.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
2. Appleseed had originally come west from the state of _____ when he was 23 years old.
3. The fact that apple seeds do not produce a similar apple as the tree they came from is scientifically called ______.
4. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
5. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)