|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
(c) Genetic engineering.
2. Apple trees are able to reproduce _______ which helps to facilitate their ability to be grafted to a root stock.
3. The fact that apple seeds do not produce a similar apple as the tree they came from is scientifically called ______.
4. The early colonists to America in addition to bringing grafts also brought apple seeds to plant called ______.
5. Chapman stated that he was promised "a true wife in heaven" and thus he never ______.
(a) Spoke to women.
(b) Lived at home.
(d) Had relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Appleseed had originally come west from the state of _____ when he was 23 years old.
2. Johnny Appleseed was known for introducing the apple to the following states except _____.
3. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
4. The _____ was linked to the corruption of the Catholic church, while the apple was linked with wholesome Protestantism.
5. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)