|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
(d) Medicine man.
2. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
(a) Ft. Wayne.
3. Johnny Appleseed is generally acknowledged as having planted _______ of apple seeds across a wide range of orchards.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
4. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
(d) Middle Eastern.
5. Ralph Waldo Emerson, who knew a thing or two about natural history, called the apple, _______
(a) The best treat.
(b) A feeling of home.
(c) The American fruit.
(d) The Canadian fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
2. Johnny Appleseed was known for introducing the apple to the following states except _____.
3. During the lifetime of Johnny Appleseed, Ohio law required a settler to put out ___ apple or pear trees in order to get a land grant.
4. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
5. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)