|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concept of the apple being a healthy and wholesome fruit was dreamed up to fight the negative image from ______.
(a) The Women's Christian Union.
(b) The Women's Christian Plant Union.
(c) The Women's Christian Temperance Union.
(d) The Women's Christian Abstinence Union.
2. Chapman practiced the faith of ______ and was known to launch into sermons when visiting.
3. Chapman is known to have floated one hundred miles down the Allegheny river on _______, fast asleep.
(a) A block of ice.
(b) A log.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A raft.
4. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
5. Red and Golden are two forms of North American cultivars of this particular type of apple ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ was linked to the corruption of the Catholic church, while the apple was linked with wholesome Protestantism.
2. Chapman stated that he was promised "a true wife in heaven" and thus he never ______.
3. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
4. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
5. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)