|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was known for introducing the apple to the following states except _____.
2. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
(b) Middle Eastern.
3. Chapman was credited for introducing 'Johnny weed' or ________, to the state of Ohio.
(a) Sweet fennel.
(c) Stinking fennel.
4. The early colonists to America in addition to bringing grafts also brought apple seeds to plant called ______.
5. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
(c) Without his hat.
(d) Without a coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was famous or infamous for wearing a _______ around wherever he went.
2. The apple is presented in this book as strongly appealing to humanity's desire for _______.
3. The plants that have contributed to the shaping of human existence include all of the following except _______.
4. Chapman practiced the faith of ______ and was known to launch into sermons when visiting.
5. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)