|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The early colonists to America in addition to bringing grafts also brought apple seeds to plant called ______.
2. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
3. The apple is presented in this book as strongly appealing to humanity's desire for _______.
(c) The perfect fruit.
4. Almost all apples grown for eating are cultivars, meaning that they are ______.
(a) Planted into the soil.
(b) Special seeds.
(c) Hydroponically grown.
5. Chapman was credited for introducing 'Johnny weed' or ________, to the state of Ohio.
(a) Stinking fennel.
(b) Sweet fennel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concept of the apple being a healthy and wholesome fruit was dreamed up to fight the negative image from ______.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
4. Johnny Appleseed was known to use a _________ in order to transport his seeds across the water.
5. The fact that apple seeds do not produce a similar apple as the tree they came from is scientifically called ______.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)