|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the Americanization of the apple had to do with the character of Johnny Appleseed whose real name was ______.
(a) John Calhoun.
(b) John Chapman.
(c) Phil Forsline.
(d) William Jones.
2. Johnny Appleseed was known for introducing the apple to the following states except _____.
3. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
4. In 1812, Chapman ran thirty miles to warn settlers of the approach of troops, a feat known as _______.
(a) The apple run.
(b) The barefoot run.
(c) The coffee sack run.
(d) The thirty mile run.
5. Chapman is known to have floated one hundred miles down the Allegheny river on _______, fast asleep.
(a) A canoe.
(b) A raft.
(c) A block of ice.
(d) A log.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ was an American Pioneer and introduced the apple in the Midwestern United States.
2. Apple trees are able to reproduce _______ which helps to facilitate their ability to be grafted to a root stock.
3. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
4. Chapman planted 'Johnny weed' because he thought that it would prevent the contraction of ______.
5. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)