|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apple was first introduced to North America with the initial waves of the ______ immigration.
(b) Middle Eastern.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. Johnny Appleseed was known to use a _________ in order to transport his seeds across the water.
(a) Two-hulled canoe.
(b) Row boat.
(d) Single-hulled canoe.
4. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
(b) Ft. Wayne.
5. Johnny Appleseed raised ______ for sale and subsequent transplantation.
(a) Apple cuttings.
(b) Apple clones.
(c) Apple seeds.
(d) Apple trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
2. Part of the Americanization of the apple had to do with the character of Johnny Appleseed whose real name was ______.
3. Appleseed used most of his crops in order to make ______, which led him to be thought of as an 'American Dionysus.'
4. In 1812, Chapman ran thirty miles to warn settlers of the approach of troops, a feat known as _______.
5. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)