|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
(d) Genetic engineering.
2. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
(a) Ft. Wayne.
3. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
4. Probably as a defense to discourage animals from biting into them, apple seeds contain a small amount of _______.
5. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was known to use a _________ in order to transport his seeds across the water.
2. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
3. One winter, Appleseed set up a house in a _______ outside Defiance, Ohio where he operated a pair of nurseries.
4. Johnny Appleseed is generally acknowledged as having planted _______ of apple seeds across a wide range of orchards.
5. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)