|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before flowers, sexual reproduction consisted of _____ being dispersed by the wind to be caught by other plants.
2. Chapman stated that he was promised "a true wife in heaven" and thus he never ______.
(a) Spoke to women.
(c) Had relationships.
(d) Lived at home.
3. The plants that form flowers and encased seeds began to emerge on the earth during the _______ period.
4. When a buyer of tulips finished the sale, they were required to pay "wijnkoopsgeld" or ______ money.
5. According to the book, some of the most bitter and "bad" plants are the ones that contain the most powerful _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author speculates that in order to transcend the normal day experience, we may need to a single volume of knowledge, which is a natural history of the __________.
2. The French romantics were said to have experimented with ________ after Napoleon's troops brought it back with them from Egypt.
3. When Pollan opened up the package to grow the NewLeaf potatoes, the card stated that he was now ________ to grow the potatoes.
4. Where are the Monsanto headquarters located, according to Pollan's description in the book?
5. Potatoes today are descended from the center of _________ in the Andean altiplano, where wild ancestors grew them.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)