|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tulip is considered by the author to be the most ______ of flowers, referring especially to the way the flower forces itself out of the ground.
2. During the lifetime of Johnny Appleseed, Ohio law required a settler to put out ___ apple or pear trees in order to get a land grant.
3. For the first time in history, the __________ of a plant is being domesticated by humans and by the scientific changes of humans.
(d) Chemical structure.
4. The fact that apple seeds do not produce a similar apple as the tree they came from is scientifically called ______.
5. What kind of storm took place in December of 1999, causing the gardens of Versailles to be ruined?
(d) Snow storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1812, Chapman ran thirty miles to warn settlers of the approach of troops, a feat known as _______.
2. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
3. The book states that before the evolution of flowers, life existed in a much _______ world.
4. Some of the ways children have been known to seek this altered state of consciousness include all of the following except______.
5. The book states that the effect of making pot illegal was that the counterculture engaged in _______the plant.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)