|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before flowers, sexual reproduction consisted of _____ being dispersed by the wind to be caught by other plants.
2. Dependence on the potato had made the ________ vulnerable to the perils of the economy as well as to those of nature.
3. The book suggests that Herbert's view of tulipmania is a parable of utopianism, specifically _______.
4. Antheleme Brillat-Savarin noted, "Tell me what you _______ and I will tell you what you are."
5. _______ became a new capital for marijuana cultivation during the American drug war of the nineties.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan asserts that Jews and Christians discouraged devotion to flowers because it was a threat to _______.
2. ______ has written two books claiming that consciousness changing is a basic human activity that even children seek out.
3. The _________ in the potato is what causes it to produce its own pest killing chemicals, keeping other chemicals from being necessary.
4. The concept of the apple being a healthy and wholesome fruit was dreamed up to fight the negative image from ______.
5. The book compares tulips in fields to ______ or lipsticks, merely flashes of bright color on the horizon.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)