|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book suggests that Herbert's view of tulipmania is a parable of utopianism, specifically _______.
2. The plants that form flowers and encased seeds began to emerge on the earth during the _______ period.
3. ______ is a sign of health in creatures since mutations and disease can easily disrupt it.
4. Flowers are unable to choose ______ and therefore must rely on extravagant displays to attract insects.
5. For the first time in history, the __________ of a plant is being domesticated by humans and by the scientific changes of humans.
(c) Chemical structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ has written two books claiming that consciousness changing is a basic human activity that even children seek out.
2. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
3. John Chapman had the imagination to identify with the _________ in the ecology of the world.
4. Almost all apples grown for eating are cultivars, meaning that they are ______.
5. Ralph Waldo Emerson, who knew a thing or two about natural history, called the apple, _______
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)