|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Probably as a defense to discourage animals from biting into them, apple seeds contain a small amount of _______.
2. Nature, Pollan admits, seems to be filled with ___________, making the growth process nearly impossible to control.
3. The _____ was linked to the corruption of the Catholic church, while the apple was linked with wholesome Protestantism.
4. The _________ in the potato is what causes it to produce its own pest killing chemicals, keeping other chemicals from being necessary.
5. ________, Pollan says, is the theme which unifies the questions being raised in agricultural biotechnology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan says that he would call the images of nature and of growing to be the Agricultural ___________, if he did not think it sounded like too much of an oxymoron.
2. The book states that almost all cultures around the world love flowers with the notable exception of _______.
3. The book states that one culture's cure all could be another culture's 'root of all evil' also known as ________.
4. Chinese poets likened the blossoms of the peony to a ______.
5. _______ are substances studied by ethnobotanists and refer to "the god within."
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)