|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the unit of money used in Holland. After 1635, the price of a bulb of Switzers went from 60 to 1500.
2. The _____ was linked to the corruption of the Catholic church, while the apple was linked with wholesome Protestantism.
3. _______ is the tulip grower's term for the phenomenon that causes certain flowers in a field to revert to the form and color of their parent.
4. Chapman stated that he was promised "a true wife in heaven" and thus he never ______.
(a) Lived at home.
(c) Spoke to women.
(d) Had relationships.
5. _________ is one example of a chemical which was tested before it was used, only to find that later on it affected other ecosystems.
(d) Neem oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teaching men how to ferment the juice of the grape, ______ had brought civilization the gift of wine.
2. The consensus in Holland was that the tulip ______ was the most beautiful flower in the world and a masterpiece.
3. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
4. The book states that certain flowers are reminiscent of Greek Gods. The rose and the peony are stated to be flowers of ______.
5. Pollan asserts that Jews and Christians discouraged devotion to flowers because it was a threat to _______.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)