|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the name given to the state-of-the-art growing regimen that could yield three pounds of sinsemilla in two months' time.
(a) Lake of Green.
(b) Ocean of Green.
(c) Pool of Green.
(d) Sea of Green.
2. Pollan suggests that on a biochemical level, psychoactive plants affect the brain much the way that the following activities except ______ affect it.
(a) Cold showers.
3. Lenson points out that many people of the past tried to __________ the use of drugs by calling it imagination.
(b) Laugh about.
4. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
(a) Without his hat.
(d) Without a coat.
5. Apple trees are able to reproduce _______ which helps to facilitate their ability to be grafted to a root stock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan says that he would call the images of nature and of growing to be the Agricultural ___________, if he did not think it sounded like too much of an oxymoron.
2. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
3. The scourge of potatoes has always been the _________ potato beetle, which can pick a plant clean of its leaves.
4. Factors restricting the growth of marijuana that indoor gardeners were able to control include the following except _______.
5. What kind of storm took place in December of 1999, causing the gardens of Versailles to be ruined?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)