|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was famous or infamous for wearing a _______ around wherever he went.
(a) Pair of overalls.
(b) Wool coat.
(d) Coffee sack.
2. ______ is a sign of health in creatures since mutations and disease can easily disrupt it.
3. The flower that is presented as being the symbol of the human desire for beauty is the ______.
4. For the first time in history, the __________ of a plant is being domesticated by humans and by the scientific changes of humans.
(d) Chemical structure.
5. _______ is a social ritual of sanctioned craziness and release. It is a way for the community to temporarily indulge its Dionysian urges.
(a) A mass.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A feast.
(d) A carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ in the potato is what causes it to produce its own pest killing chemicals, keeping other chemicals from being necessary.
2. Appleseed was able to compete with other apple cultivar sales because his trees were ______.
3. Appleseed used most of his crops in order to make ______, which led him to be thought of as an 'American Dionysus.'
4. The book states that before flowers there was no connection between the way things looked and ______.
5. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)