|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book suggests that gardens used to be planted as a kind of living _____ that cared little for aesthetics.
(b) Display of beauty.
(c) Art form.
2. Where are the Monsanto headquarters located, according to Pollan's description in the book?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
3. The tulip that Pollan has on his desk, a Queen of Night, has no ______, which he indicates is because it is meant to be visual.
4. According to the book, drugs that alter the user's perception of time and space are taboo because they disrupt the _______.
(a) Political order.
(b) Religious order.
(c) Social order.
(d) Verbal order.
5. The book states that although marijuana cultivation is driven to some extent by money, the underlying principle is that of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave Hjelle from Monstanto tells Pollan something that makes him a little concerned. He says, "______________."
2. The book states that before flowers there was no connection between the way things looked and ______.
3. When the ___________ harvest failed in England in 1794, it seems that the poor were not going to be able to buy the bread they needed.
4. Probably as a defense to discourage animals from biting into them, apple seeds contain a small amount of _______.
5. The book suggests that _____ determined the evolution of the flower by valuing 'broken' strains that were sick.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)