|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book states that beauty in nature is often linked with ______ as evidenced by a bird's plumage.
2. Flowers have been given the ability to attract other species using a variety of senses except ______.
3. Part of the Americanization of the apple had to do with the character of Johnny Appleseed whose real name was ______.
(a) John Calhoun.
(b) John Chapman.
(c) William Jones.
(d) Phil Forsline.
4. The apple is presented in this book as strongly appealing to humanity's desire for _______.
(c) The perfect fruit.
5. Pollan asserts that due to the use of apple grafts from one generation to the next, the apple population has been made____.
(c) More wholesome.
(d) More nutritious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was known to use a _________ in order to transport his seeds across the water.
2. Red and Golden are two forms of North American cultivars of this particular type of apple ______.
3. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
4. Apple trees are able to reproduce _______ which helps to facilitate their ability to be grafted to a root stock.
5. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)