|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book states that beauty in nature is often linked with ______ as evidenced by a bird's plumage.
2. The book suggests that _____ determined the evolution of the flower by valuing 'broken' strains that were sick.
3. Chapman was known to go _______ in all kinds of weather and took it as a matter of pride in his toughness.
(b) Without a coat.
(c) Without his hat.
4. According to the book, the word _____ is a corruption of the Turkish word for Turban.
5. The book states that all of the following are capable of prodigies or of shifting themselves in form except _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book, Johnny Appleseed was called a benign _________ of the American Fronteir.
2. Apple trees are able to reproduce _______ which helps to facilitate their ability to be grafted to a root stock.
3. During the lifetime of Johnny Appleseed, Ohio law required a settler to put out ___ apple or pear trees in order to get a land grant.
4. The process through which humans and plants have shaped each other over the years is known as _______.
5. The Greeks believed that true beauty was the offspring of form and ecstasy personified in ______ and Apollo.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)