|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the name given to the state-of-the-art growing regimen that could yield three pounds of sinsemilla in two months' time.
(a) Ocean of Green.
(b) Lake of Green.
(c) Sea of Green.
(d) Pool of Green.
2. The _____ was linked to the corruption of the Catholic church, while the apple was linked with wholesome Protestantism.
3. Pollan suggests that drugs have both positive and negative qualities. The wine of _______ was both a scourge and a blessing.
4. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
5. The book states that almost all cultures around the world love flowers with the notable exception of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apple is presented in this book as strongly appealing to humanity's desire for _______.
2. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
3. When a buyer of tulips finished the sale, they were required to pay "wijnkoopsgeld" or ______ money.
4. The Dutch genius for horticulture leftover from the ________ combined with the influx of new seeds.
5. _______ or 'white lightning' preceded hard cider as the alcohol containing drink of choice on the frontier.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)