|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plants that form flowers and encased seeds began to emerge on the earth during the _______ period.
2. Peruvian legend has it that _____ are associated with the discovery of quinine through eating the bark of the cinchona tree.
3. Some of the ways children have been known to seek this altered state of consciousness include all of the following except______.
(a) Spinning until violently dizzy.
(b) Deliberately hyperventilating.
(c) Jumping out of trees.
(d) Eating processed sugar.
4. Pollan suggests that drugs have both positive and negative qualities. The wine of _______ was both a scourge and a blessing.
5. According to the book, the plants that form flowers and then encased seeds are known as ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
2. The color of a tulip is always composed of _____ hues one of which is a base color that is always yellow or white.
3. Johnny Appleseed was opposed to using _____ in order to grow trees and preferred planting seeds.
4. According to the book, species tulips in Turkey typically come in ______ and less commonly in white or yellow.
5. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)