|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book, Johnny Appleseed was called a benign _________ of the American Fronteir.
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Phillip.
(c) Saint Thomas.
(d) Saint Augustine.
2. In order to reduce time and energy spent on growing male sinsemilla plants which are useless, growers started ______.
(a) Changing the light patterns.
(b) Using clones.
(c) Using different seeds.
(d) Killing male plants.
3. _______ became a new capital for marijuana cultivation during the American drug war of the nineties.
(d) San Francisco.
4. American hippies sometimes traveled the _______ in Afghanistan and returned with seeds of Cannabis Indica.
(a) The Hemp Trail.
(b) The Indica Trail.
(c) The Bud Trail.
(d) The Hashish Trail.
5. A _______ is one that is used for getting cuttings. Like the apples, the result of the impact of this may be detrimental to the species.
(a) Sister plant.
(b) Brother plant.
(c) Father plant.
(d) Mother plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apple does not breed simply from seed. Thus all trees that produce the same type of apples are _______ of the original tree.
2. Chapman practiced the faith of ______ and was known to launch into sermons when visiting.
3. The domestic apple is thought to have derived from a species that originally came from the country ______.
4. According to the book, the human penchant for drugs has allowed people to trip the brain's ______ system washing the brain in 'feel good' chemicals.
5. The book states that one culture's cure all could be another culture's 'root of all evil' also known as ________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)