|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peruvian legend has it that _____ are associated with the discovery of quinine through eating the bark of the cinchona tree.
2. When a buyer of tulips finished the sale, they were required to pay "wijnkoopsgeld" or ______ money.
3. The book states that beauty in nature is often linked with ______ as evidenced by a bird's plumage.
4. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
5. Pollan suggests that on a biochemical level, psychoactive plants affect the brain much the way that the following activities except ______ affect it.
(c) Cold showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the tulip is said to have the consciousness of _______, evoking clarity and order.
2. Lenson points out that many people of the past tried to __________ the use of drugs by calling it imagination.
3. Instead of wind and water moving genetic material around, the emerging plants were now enlisting the help of ______.
4. Chapman was credited for introducing 'Johnny weed' or ________, to the state of Ohio.
5. The book states that Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 in _______ Indiana.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)