|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Pollen compares Chapman to the Greek mythological figures _______.
2. _______ is a social ritual of sanctioned craziness and release. It is a way for the community to temporarily indulge its Dionysian urges.
(a) A birthday.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A mass.
(d) A feast.
3. The book suggests that gardens used to be planted as a kind of living _____ that cared little for aesthetics.
(c) Display of beauty.
(d) Art form.
4. The book states that beauty in nature is often linked with ______ as evidenced by a bird's plumage.
5. The book states that although marijuana cultivation is driven to some extent by money, the underlying principle is that of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flower that is presented as being the symbol of the human desire for beauty is the ______.
2. Johnny Appleseed raised ______ for sale and subsequent transplantation.
3. The book suggests that _______ calls to human desire to alter the textures and contents of our consciousness.
4. Goats are associated with the discovery of _____, when it was observed they became frisky after eating the red berries.
5. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)