|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny Appleseed was famous or infamous for wearing a _______ around wherever he went.
(a) Wool coat.
(b) Coffee sack.
(d) Pair of overalls.
2. ______, which contains a much higher amount of alcohol than hard cider, could be obtained through freezing.
3. _______ is an annual convention and harvest fair sponsored by High Times Magazine that attracts many growers.
(a) The Cannabis Chalice.
(b) The Cannabis Challenge.
(c) The Cannabis Cup.
(d) The Cannabis Contest.
4. The book suggests that gardens used to be planted as a kind of living _____ that cared little for aesthetics.
(a) Display of beauty.
(d) Art form.
5. The book states that certain flowers are reminiscent of Greek Gods. The rose and the peony are stated to be flowers of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, there are ______ plants that have shaped human existence at least as much as human's have affected these plants.
2. Apples were the only avenue early settlers had for obtaining ______, which the Native Americans obtained from Maples.
3. Almost all apples grown for eating are cultivars, meaning that they are ______.
4. _______ or 'white lightning' preceded hard cider as the alcohol containing drink of choice on the frontier.
5. ______ orchard has become a kind of museum for several different apple species dedicated to maintaining the diversity.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)