|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is a sign of health in creatures since mutations and disease can easily disrupt it.
2. _______ became a new capital for marijuana cultivation during the American drug war of the nineties.
(a) San Francisco.
3. The book suggests that the decisions that a culture makes in which plants drugs to promote or prohibit help to ______.
(a) Reinforce cohesion.
(b) Promote instability.
(c) Make people feel bad.
(d) Marginalize people.
4. The Native Americans that knew Chapman considered him to be a brilliant woodsman and ______.
(d) Medicine man.
5. In order to reduce time and energy spent on growing male sinsemilla plants which are useless, growers started ______.
(a) Killing male plants.
(b) Using different seeds.
(c) Using clones.
(d) Changing the light patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan asserts that Jews and Christians discouraged devotion to flowers because it was a threat to _______.
2. In Holland, between 1634 and 1637, there was a collective frenzy around flowers known as ________.
3. Flowers are unable to choose ______ and therefore must rely on extravagant displays to attract insects.
4. Pollan asserts that due to the use of apple grafts from one generation to the next, the apple population has been made____.
5. The book suggests that the Ottoman ideal of tulip beauty was elegant, sharp, and ________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)