Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1)
The main premise is the book is that plants have helped to shape the course of human evolution. Today's objective is to discuss this idea, its validity, and whether it can ever be completely proven.
1. Have each student list the plants that they feel that help them everyday.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think a plant has ever changed the way they live their life.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the possibility that plants have changed the way that humans have lived. What are some arguments against this possibility? What does this mean to evolution?
4. Homework: Have each student decide whether they think plants will continue to impact humans.
5. Homework: Have students write about how they think plans are impacted by humans at this point in time.
6. Homework: Have the student discuss the possibility that plants are the ones who...
This section contains 5,246 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)