|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sultan say he moved his family to Pakistan?
2. Why is Saliqa beaten?
3. In "Wedding", what time of day is it when the groom and bride are painted with henna?
4. In "The Matriarch", what reason is given for the Sultan's simple living arrangements?
5. How did a man visit Jamila while she was with her brother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sultan do when he finally reaches Pakistan?
2. What traditions are followed at Shakila's wedding?
3. Why does Sultan's apartment building often go without electricity?
4. What happened to Jamila?
5. In "Burning Books", why are Sultan's books burned?
6. Why does Bibi Gul receive a piece of cloth after Wakil's wedding?
7. How does Shakila's family prepare for her wedding in "Wedding"?
8. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
9. What do the women in Peshawar talk about in "Crime and Punishment"?
10. What is Shakila's role at her celebration feast in "Wedding"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of education in "The Bookseller of Kabul".
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the plot structure of this book. What type of arc does it follow? Is there a conflict? Is there a resolution?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two women in "The Bookseller of Kabul". What reasons are there for the differences between them? How could this help women in Kabul?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)