|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tanks look like that Mansur passes in "The Call From Ali"?
(c) Burned out.
(d) Brand new.
2. In "An Attempt", what makes Leila jealous of Sonya?
(a) That she doesn't wear a burka.
(b) She can speak French.
(c) Her education.
(d) The privileges she has.
3. Where did Leila first meet Karim?
(a) At English class.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) In Iran.
(d) In the market square.
4. What country does Karim work for?
5. Why does Sultan hire the carpenter?
(a) To build shelves.
(b) To fix a door.
(c) To clean the store.
(d) To build a counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Sultan to retract his complaint against the carpenter?
2. What does Mansur do the day after arriving at the mosque in "The Call From Ali"?
3. What does the carpenter try to steal from Mansur's father?
4. What time does Fazil wake up to go to school?
5. Who is Kamal Khan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leila feel about staying at Sultan's apartment?
2. Why does the carpenter steal from Sultan?
3. How does Karim court Leila?
4. What does Mansur do while visiting the blue mosque?
5. What does Leila find attractive about Karim?
6. What happens when Leila visits her sister in "An Attempt"?
7. What is the hotel like in "The Dreary Room"?
8. What job is Leila responsible for at Sultan's apartment?
9. How is the carpenter punished for stealing?
10. What happens to Leila when Mariam's son is sent away from Sultan's apartment?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)