|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long can the carpenter be in prison for stealing from Sultan?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
2. How is the Padsha Khan described in "My Mother Osama"?
(a) As religious fanatics.
(b) As peace-keepers.
(c) As professionals.
(d) As warlords.
3. Who is Kamal Khan?
(a) A commander.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A statesman.
4. What does Bibi Gul do after taking her bath in "The Smell of Dust"?
(a) She counts her change for bus fare.
(b) She braids her hair.
(c) She has someone bring her a cab.
(d) She puts on her burka.
5. What does the carpenter beg Sultan to not do in "The Carpenter"?
(a) To not fire him.
(b) To not put him in jail.
(c) To not beat him up.
(d) To not tell his children that he stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karim help Leila with her desire to teach?
2. When Mansur invites Karim for dinner, why doesn't he see Leila?
3. Where did Leila first meet Karim?
4. What class does Leila take in "An Attempt"?
5. Who ends up getting arrested for the carpenter's crime in "The Carpenter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job is Leila responsible for at Sultan's apartment?
2. How does Karim court Leila?
3. What do Bob and Tajmir do in Khost?
4. In "Can God Die", what does Fazil do before going to bed?
5. In "The Dreary Room", what is an average day like for Aimal?
6. In "An Attempt", what is Sonya's biggest concern?
7. What happens to Fazil after being sent away from Sultan's apartment?
8. How is the carpenter punished for stealing?
9. What happens when Leila meets with the Ministry of Education?
10. How does Leila feel about staying at Sultan's apartment?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)