|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it to enroll Fazil at Esteqlal?
2. In "Can God Die", what is Fazil's reading assignment about?
(a) Afghan soldiers.
(b) The United States.
(c) The Prophet.
(d) The Taliban.
3. How does Mansur feel about his life at the bookstore?
(a) He is indifferent about it.
(b) He is happy with it.
(c) He is stressed out over it.
(d) He is unhappy with it.
4. How does Leila feel about staying in Sultan's apartment?
5. What does the carpenter try to steal from Mansur's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leila decide to do when she sees Miriam's son get sent away?
2. In "A Broken Heart", what does Karim send Leila with a letter?
3. In "An Attempt", what does Leila think is the most difficult part about meeting with the Ministry of Education?
4. Who wants Sultan to retract his complaint against the carpenter?
5. What do Mansur and Akbar read as the travel in "The Call From Ali"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the carpenter steal from Sultan?
2. What happens when Mustafa is shown a picture of Osama bin Ladin?
3. How does Mansur get to travel to Mazar-i-Sharif?
4. In "Can God Die", what does Fazil do before going to bed?
5. What does Leila find attractive about Karim?
6. What does Mansur do while visiting the blue mosque?
7. Why does Sultan hire the carpenter for his shop?
8. In "My Mother Osama", what is Tajmir's role?
9. In "The Dreary Room", what is an average day like for Aimal?
10. What happens at Mansur's English class in "The Carpenter"?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)