|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shakila shopping in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
(a) It is her sister's birthday.
(b) She is preparing for her wedding.
(c) She is going on vacation.
(d) She is trying to spend all her money.
2. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar with the other women?
3. Why must Shakila and Wakil sit down at the same time on their wedding day?
(a) Because Shakila's mother insists.
(b) Because Wakil gets angry if they don't.
(c) Because it proves they love each other.
(d) Because it is a superstition.
4. When does "Burning Books", the store, open up?
5. What does Shakila do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a teacher's assistant.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is a secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is given a bloody cloth after Shakila's wedding?
2. Why does Sultan visit his relatives in "The Business Trip"?
3. In "The Matriarch", when was Sultan's apartment built?
4. How does the narrator say Taliban rule could have affected Shakila's wedding?
5. Why does Shakila's mother mourn after her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sultan marries Sharifa?
2. In "The Matriarch", what is Sultan's apartment like?
3. In "Burning Books", why are Sultan's books burned?
4. What traditions are followed at Shakila's wedding?
5. What does Sultan do when he wants to take a new wife in "The Proposal"?
6. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar?
7. What does the bazaar look like in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
8. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
9. What happened to Jamila?
10. What problems does Belqisa cause in "The Business Trip"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)