|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was originally meant to live in Sultan's apartment building in "The Matriarch"?
(a) The lower class.
(b) The middle class.
(c) Wealthy tradesmen.
2. In "Crime and Punishment", how does Sharifa feel about staying in Peshawar?
(a) She likes it a lot.
(b) She dislikes it.
(c) She thinks she needs to stay there longer to like it.
(d) She doesn't care one way or the other.
3. How does Shakila react to her engagement?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She isn't happy about it.
(d) She is relieved to be getting married.
4. Why did Jamila's husband leave her with his brother?
(a) He was taking a second wife.
(b) He was finding a job.
(c) He couldn't afford to support her anymore.
(d) He was getting a visa.
5. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
(a) A table.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many women do after the fall of the Taliban?
2. What makes Bulbula unattractive to her social class?
3. Why does Sultan visit his relatives in "The Business Trip"?
4. In "The Matriarch", when was Sultan's apartment built?
5. What does Shakila do during her feast in "Wedding"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the burka affect Shakila's society?
2. What happens when Sultan marries Sharifa?
3. How does the Taliban affect Shakila's life?
4. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
5. What happened to Jamila?
6. What is Shakila's life like at school?
7. In "The Matriarch", what does Bibi Gul fear?
8. In "Temptations", what does Mansur try to do?
9. Why does Bibi Gul receive a piece of cloth after Wakil's wedding?
10. What makes Bulbula difficult to marry?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)