|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women doing in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
2. Why does Sultan have to take such a long trip in "The Business Trip"?
(a) Because he helps someone else get home.
(b) Because it is difficult to cross the Pakistani border.
(c) Because the capital is far away.
(d) Because he has a lot of work to finish.
3. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) A table.
(d) A bed.
4. What does Shakila do after being painted with henna?
(a) She reads a book.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She eats her feast.
(d) She goes for a walk.
5. In "The Matriarch", how many people live in Sultan's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls does Sultan select to choose his wife from in "The Proposal"?
2. How many children does Bibi Gul have?
3. Why is Saliqa beaten?
4. Why does Shakila lose her job?
5. Why is Shakila shopping in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sultan's apartment building often go without electricity?
2. In "The Matriarch", what does Bibi Gul fear?
3. What does Sultan do when he wants to take a new wife in "The Proposal"?
4. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
5. What does Sultan do when he finally reaches Pakistan?
6. Why does Bibi Gul receive a piece of cloth after Wakil's wedding?
7. How does Shakila's family prepare for her wedding in "Wedding"?
8. What problems does Belqisa cause in "The Business Trip"?
9. What is Shakila's role at her celebration feast in "Wedding"?
10. Why does Sultan visit Lahore in "The Business Trip"?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)