|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Bulbula unattractive to her social class?
(a) She is illiterate.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is angry.
2. Why is Sultan able to have books printed in "The Business Trip"?
(a) Because there aren't controls over books.
(b) Because there are paper suppliers in Pakistan.
(c) Because he has the money.
(d) Because he has a friend who publishes.
3. In "Crime and Punishment", how long have Sultan and Sonya been married?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
4. Who is given a bloody cloth after Shakila's wedding?
(a) Shakila's father.
(c) Wakil's father.
5. How many children does Sultan have with his first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
2. How long after losing her job does Shakila marry?
3. Who controls the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan?
4. Why does Sultan have to take such a long trip in "The Business Trip"?
5. Where does Sultan apply for visas to in 2001?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar?
2. Why does Sultan visit Lahore in "The Business Trip"?
3. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
4. Why does Sultan's apartment building often go without electricity?
5. What traditions are followed at Shakila's wedding?
6. In "Burning Books", why are Sultan's books burned?
7. What does Sultan do when he finally reaches Pakistan?
8. In "The Matriarch", what is Sultan's apartment like?
9. In "Temptations", what does Mansur try to do?
10. What happens when Sultan marries Sharifa?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)