|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharifa show she is upset with Sultan's choice of Sonya for a wife?
(a) She is rude to Sonya.
(b) She doesn't give them a gift.
(c) She speaks against him in public.
(d) She doesn't attend the ceremony.
2. What do many women do after the fall of the Taliban?
(a) They begin to write about their lives.
(b) They get married.
(c) They move.
(d) They form organizations.
3. Where does Shakila go after shopping in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
(a) To a restaurant.
(c) To her fiance's house.
(d) To school.
4. In "Wedding", what does Shakila fear will ruin her hairdo?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her burka.
(c) Her hairdresser.
(d) Putting on her dress.
5. In "Crime and Punishment", how long have Sultan and Sonya been married?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women sit on in Sultan's apartment in "The Matriarch"?
2. Why does Shakila's mother mourn after her wedding?
3. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
4. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
5. How many children does Sultan have with his first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sultan's apartment building often go without electricity?
2. Why does Sultan visit Lahore in "The Business Trip"?
3. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar?
4. What traditions are followed at Shakila's wedding?
5. Why does Bibi Gul receive a piece of cloth after Wakil's wedding?
6. In "Temptations", what does Mansur try to do?
7. What is unique about the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan?
8. What is Shakila's life like at school?
9. In "The Matriarch", what does Bibi Gul fear?
10. What is Sultan's history with selling books?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)