|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the families drink after the wedding ceremony in "Wedding"?
(b) Green tea.
(c) Pineapple juice.
2. Why do the religious police burn books in "Burning Books"?
(a) They find them objectionable.
(b) They don't allow religious texts in their city.
(c) They think they are too expensive.
(d) They were told to by Sultan.
3. What types of hairstyles do the Taliban ban?
(a) Long styles.
(b) Western styles.
(c) Died hair.
(d) Shaved heads.
4. Why did Jamila's family kill her?
(a) To save money.
(b) To avenge her crimes.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) To not be disgraced.
5. Why does Sultan say he moved his family to Pakistan?
(a) Because it was cheaper to live there.
(b) Because his uncle left him a house there.
(c) Because Kabul was turning violent.
(d) Because he was kicked out of Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "Burning Books", the store, open up?
2. Why are Shakila and Mahmoud separated?
3. Why must Shakila and Wakil sit down at the same time on their wedding day?
4. How does the narrator describe the women in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
5. What do Sultan and Sharifa talk about when they are reunited in "The Business Trip"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Belqisa cause in "The Business Trip"?
2. What is Shakila doing in "Billowing, Winding, Fluttering"?
3. What do the women in Peshawar talk about in "Crime and Punishment"?
4. Why does Sultan visit Lahore in "The Business Trip"?
5. How does Shakila's family prepare for her wedding in "Wedding"?
6. In "The Matriarch", what is Sultan's apartment like?
7. What is Shakila's life like at school?
8. How does the Taliban affect Shakila's life?
9. What is Sultan's history with selling books?
10. What does the bazaar look like in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)