|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar in "Crime and Punishment"?
(a) Makes pots.
(b) She doesn't work.
(c) Helps Sultan with his books.
(d) Weaves rugs.
2. What do many women do after the fall of the Taliban?
(a) They move.
(b) They begin to write about their lives.
(c) They form organizations.
(d) They get married.
3. Why did Jamila's husband leave her with his brother?
(a) He was taking a second wife.
(b) He couldn't afford to support her anymore.
(c) He was finding a job.
(d) He was getting a visa.
4. What does Sultan do when he wants to take a wife in "The Proposal"?
(a) He asks his sister to suggest someone.
(b) He holds a party.
(c) He finds someone to help him.
(d) He talks to his brother about it.
5. Where is Shakila married?
(a) Her mother's porch.
(b) A public park.
(c) Mariam's house.
(d) Bulbula's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sultan able to have books printed in "The Business Trip"?
2. Whose idea is it for Shakila to wear a burka?
3. Why does Bibi Gul say she won't let Leila marry while she is still alive?
4. How did a man visit Jamila while she was with her brother-in-law?
5. How many girls does Sultan select to choose his wife from in "The Proposal"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women in Peshawar talk about in "Crime and Punishment"?
2. What is Sultan's history with selling books?
3. Why does Bibi Gul receive a piece of cloth after Wakil's wedding?
4. Why does the burka come up in Shakila's relationship with Wakil?
5. What happens when Sultan marries Sharifa?
6. In "The Matriarch", what does Bibi Gul fear?
7. What does Sultan do when he finally reaches Pakistan?
8. What is unique about the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan?
9. What does Sultan do when he wants to take a new wife in "The Proposal"?
10. What problems does Belqisa cause in "The Business Trip"?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)