|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Attempt", what makes Leila jealous of Sonya?
(a) That she doesn't wear a burka.
(b) Her education.
(c) She can speak French.
(d) The privileges she has.
2. Who is Leila angry with because she didn't attend high school?
(d) Bibi Gul.
3. In "My Mother Osama", how does Feroza earn extra pay?
(a) For finding new recruits.
(b) For selling drugs.
(c) For traveling in dangerous areas.
(d) For selling old guns.
4. Who ends up getting arrested for the carpenter's crime in "The Carpenter"?
(a) A kiosk owner.
(c) No one.
(d) The carpenter's son.
5. What does Fazil study before sleeping?
(b) His prayers.
6. Where does Leila hope she and her mother will go to get out of Sultan's apartment?
(a) To India.
(b) With her aunt.
(c) To the women's house.
(d) With her brother.
7. What happens when Leila wants to get onions in "A Broken Heart"?
(a) They make her dig them up herself.
(b) They don't give her enough money.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They send one of the boys instead.
8. What job does Shakila have in "An Attempt"?
(a) She is a banker.
(b) She doesn't have a job.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a artist.
9. What does the carpenter try to steal from Mansur's father?
10. How does Mansur feel at the end of "The Call From Ali"?
11. What time does Fazil wake up to go to school?
(b) Six thirty.
(c) Five thirty.
12. When Mansur invites Karim for dinner, why doesn't he see Leila?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She isn't home.
(c) She hides from him.
(d) She isn't allowed to eat with the men.
13. After Karim eats dinner with Mansur, who comes to visit Sultan's apartment?
(a) Karim's sister.
(b) The police.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Karim's mother.
14. At the bath in "The Smell of Dust", who watches out for Bibi Gul?
15. In "Can God Die", what is Fazil's reading assignment about?
(a) Afghan soldiers.
(b) The Prophet.
(c) The United States.
(d) The Taliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sultan take with him to confront the carpenter about stealing?
2. How does Karim help Leila with her desire to teach?
3. How does Bibi Gul feel at the bath in "The Smell of Dust"?
4. Why does Akbar stay in Kabul longer than expected?
5. Why doesn't Sultan take the carpenter to the police?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)