|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mustafa feel about the Khan clan?
(a) He is opposed to them.
(b) He likes them.
(c) He works with them.
(d) He hasn't heard of them.
2. How does Mansur feel at the end of "The Call From Ali"?
3. Why does Tajmir go to Khost?
(a) Because his wife is there.
(b) Because it is concerned a neutral zone.
(c) Because it is a Taliban base.
(d) Because it is where Bob works.
4. Why does Leila have to meet with the Ministry of Education?
(a) To help Mansur.
(b) To finish school.
(c) To get her report card.
(d) To get a job as a teacher.
5. How long can the carpenter be in prison for stealing from Sultan?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
6. How does Mansur feel about his life at the bookstore?
(a) He is happy with it.
(b) He is stressed out over it.
(c) He is unhappy with it.
(d) He is indifferent about it.
7. What does Sharifa bring with her when she returns to Sultan's apartment?
8. Who did Mariam marry after her husband's death?
(a) His son from another marriage.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
9. In "An Attempt", what makes Leila jealous of Sonya?
(a) Her education.
(b) The privileges she has.
(c) She can speak French.
(d) That she doesn't wear a burka.
10. How many times does Leila go to her class in "An Attempt"?
(a) Five times.
(c) She completes the class.
(d) Three times.
11. How does Leila's family describe her cooking?
(a) They think it is horrible.
(b) They think it is good.
(c) Leila never cooks for her family.
(d) They think it is simple.
12. When Karim sends Leila the letters, how many times have they met?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
13. How many children does Tajmir have?
14. Where did Leila first meet Karim?
(a) At English class.
(b) In Iran.
(c) In the market square.
(d) At the hotel.
15. Why can't Mansur's family celebrate the new year?
(a) They don't believe in it.
(b) The Taliban won't allow it.
(c) They have to work that day.
(d) They don't have the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Mother Osama", what does Tajmir act as?
2. What do the tanks look like that Mansur passes in "The Call From Ali"?
3. In "The Call From Ali", whose permission does Mansur need to travel to Mazar-i-Sharif?
4. What time does Fazil wake up to go to school?
5. Why does Akbar stay in Kabul longer than expected?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)