|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carpenter, pg. 214-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Business Trip", why is Yunis' marriage complicated?
(a) The girl's parents want her to marry someone else.
(b) He isn't legally allowed to marry.
(c) He can't decide between two girls.
(d) Sultan refuses to help him find a girl.
2. Where does Shakila go after shopping in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
(a) To school.
(b) To a restaurant.
(d) To her fiance's house.
3. Who ends up getting arrested for the carpenter's crime in "The Carpenter"?
(a) No one.
(c) A kiosk owner.
(d) The carpenter's son.
4. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
(a) The rivers.
(b) The paved roads.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The fences.
5. How do the women discuss Saliqa's beating?
(a) They say she is a disgrace.
(b) They say it is a shame.
(c) They say it's just a joke.
(d) They say nothing about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonya wish for a son as her second child?
2. Why does Sultan want textbooks printed?
3. Why did Jamila's husband leave her with his brother?
4. In "Suicide and Song", how do the Afghan women express their love?
5. Why did Sultan banish Farid from the family?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)