|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Attempt, pg. 181-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mansur in "The Call From Ali"?
2. Why are Shakila and Bulbula older than most brides?
(a) They were traveling.
(b) They were both sick for a long time.
(c) Their mother stopped them from getting married.
(d) They don't have enough money to get married.
3. Why doesn't Sultan buy the textbooks from a foreign publisher in "The Business Trip"?
(a) Because he can't afford it.
(b) Because he wants to write them himself.
(c) Because he doesn't want to be found.
(d) Because he doesn't want them ideologically based.
4. How does Shakila react to her engagement?
(a) She is relieved to be getting married.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She isn't happy about it.
(d) She is nervous.
5. What does Shakila do after being painted with henna?
(a) She reads a book.
(b) She sleeps.
(c) She eats her feast.
(d) She goes for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonya agree to marry Sultan?
2. What are Shakila and Wakil covered with during their wedding ceremony?
3. How many times does Leila go to her class in "An Attempt"?
4. Why does Bibi Gul say she won't let Leila marry while she is still alive?
5. What types of hairstyles do the Taliban ban?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)