|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Attempt, pg. 181-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wedding", what does Shakila fear will ruin her hairdo?
(a) Putting on her dress.
(b) The wind.
(c) Her hairdresser.
(d) Her burka.
2. How does Shakila know Mahmoud?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They work together.
(c) They met at the market.
(d) They grew up together.
3. What do the families drink after the wedding ceremony in "Wedding"?
(b) Pineapple juice.
(c) Green tea.
4. In "The Matriarch", where does each woman keep her personal treasures?
(a) In a locked box.
(b) Buried outside.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) In a drawer.
5. How does the narrator say Taliban rule could have affected Shakila's wedding?
(a) She couldn't run away from her husband.
(b) There couldn't be music.
(c) No male relatives could have attened the ceremony.
(d) She couldn't wear a veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law is passed regarding kites when the Taliban enters Kabul in 1996?
2. Who is Leila angry with because she didn't attend high school?
3. How many times does Leila go to her class in "An Attempt"?
4. In "Wedding", how must Shakila act toward her mother-in-law?
5. Why is Saliqa beaten?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)