|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Matriarch, Temptation, pg. 106-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Crime and Punishment", how long have Sultan and Sonya been married?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
2. Why must Shakila and Wakil sit down at the same time on their wedding day?
(a) Because it proves they love each other.
(b) Because Wakil gets angry if they don't.
(c) Because Shakila's mother insists.
(d) Because it is a superstition.
3. In "Wedding", how must Shakila act toward her mother-in-law?
(a) Like a servant.
(c) Pleased to be joining her family.
(d) She isn't allowed to speak to her.
4. What does Shakila do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She is a maid.
(c) She is a teacher's assistant.
(d) She is a teacher.
5. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
(a) A bed.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bookcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wedding", what time of day is it when the groom and bride are painted with henna?
2. How does the narrator describe the women in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
3. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
4. How many textbooks does Sultan want in "The Business Trip"?
5. In "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding", what color are the burkas that blend together?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)