|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wedding, pg. 94-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who controls the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan?
(a) The Afghan government.
(b) The Pakistani government.
2. In "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding", what color are the burkas that blend together?
3. Where does Sultan apply for visas to in 2001?
(d) The United States.
4. Why is Saliqa beaten?
(a) For skipping school.
(b) For cheating on a test.
(c) For stealing from a store.
(d) For talking with a boy.
5. In "Crime and Punishment", how long have Sultan and Sonya been married?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jamila's family react when the man visited her?
2. What are Shakila and Wakil covered with during their wedding ceremony?
3. In "Wedding", what time of day is it when the groom and bride are painted with henna?
4. How many girls does Sultan select to choose his wife from in "The Proposal"?
5. What do the women at Shakila's celebration do before eating in "Wedding"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)