|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Do You Want to Make Me Sad, pg. 68-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar in "Crime and Punishment"?
(a) Makes pots.
(b) Helps Sultan with his books.
(c) Weaves rugs.
(d) She doesn't work.
2. Who controls the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan?
(a) The Afghan government.
(b) The Pakistani government.
3. How does Shakila know Mahmoud?
(a) They grew up together.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They work together.
(d) They met at the market.
4. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The paved roads.
(c) The fences.
(d) The rivers.
5. Why are Shakila and Bulbula older than most brides?
(a) Their mother stopped them from getting married.
(b) They were traveling.
(c) They were both sick for a long time.
(d) They don't have enough money to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sultan have to take such a long trip in "The Business Trip"?
2. How did Jamila's family react when the man visited her?
3. Why doesn't Sultan buy the textbooks from a foreign publisher in "The Business Trip"?
4. Whose idea is it for Shakila to wear a burka?
5. Who negotiates the marriages of Shakila and Bulbula?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)