|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Business Trip, pg. 41-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sultan visit his relatives in "The Business Trip"?
(a) He needs to borrow money.
(b) It is tradition.
(c) He wants to find a place for Sharifa to stay.
(d) He needs a new apartment.
2. Why do the religious police burn books in "Burning Books"?
(a) They find them objectionable.
(b) They don't allow religious texts in their city.
(c) They think they are too expensive.
(d) They were told to by Sultan.
3. Why did Jamila's husband leave her with his brother?
(a) He couldn't afford to support her anymore.
(b) He was finding a job.
(c) He was taking a second wife.
(d) He was getting a visa.
4. What do Sultan and Sharifa talk about when they are reunited in "The Business Trip"?
(a) Their health.
(b) Art and literature.
(c) Current events.
(d) The family.
5. Why does Sultan want textbooks printed?
(a) To sell in his shop.
(b) To give to the school children.
(c) To start his own publishing house.
(d) To ship to Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Crime and Punishment", how long have Sultan and Sonya been married?
2. What does Sharifa do in Peshawar with the other women?
3. Why does Sultan say he moved his family to Pakistan?
4. How does Sultan travel to Pakistan in "The Business Trip"?
5. How did a man visit Jamila while she was with her brother-in-law?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)