|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Mother Osama, pg. 244-266.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sultan say he moved his family to Pakistan?
(a) Because his uncle left him a house there.
(b) Because Kabul was turning violent.
(c) Because he was kicked out of Afghanistan.
(d) Because it was cheaper to live there.
2. Why does Sultan want textbooks printed?
(a) To give to the school children.
(b) To sell in his shop.
(c) To ship to Afghanistan.
(d) To start his own publishing house.
3. What does Fazil study before sleeping?
(d) His prayers.
4. What does Shakila do after being painted with henna?
(a) She eats her feast.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She goes for a walk.
(d) She sleeps.
5. What do the women at Shakila's celebration do before eating in "Wedding"?
(a) They paint henna.
(b) They pray.
(c) They dance.
(d) They tell jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mariam want Fazil in school?
2. How many boys are in Fazil's class at Esteqlal?
3. What job does Shakila have in "An Attempt"?
4. How did a man visit Jamila while she was with her brother-in-law?
5. Why are Shakila and Mahmoud separated?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)