|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Admission to Heaven, Billowing, Fluttering, Winding, pg. 81-93.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women discuss Saliqa's beating?
(a) They say it is a shame.
(b) They say nothing about it.
(c) They say it's just a joke.
(d) They say she is a disgrace.
2. Why does Sultan say he moved his family to Pakistan?
(a) Because Kabul was turning violent.
(b) Because he was kicked out of Afghanistan.
(c) Because it was cheaper to live there.
(d) Because his uncle left him a house there.
3. Where does Shakila go after shopping in "Billowing, Fluttering, Winding"?
(b) To her fiance's house.
(c) To school.
(d) To a restaurant.
4. Why is Saliqa beaten?
(a) For skipping school.
(b) For talking with a boy.
(c) For stealing from a store.
(d) For cheating on a test.
5. Why did Jamila's husband leave her with his brother?
(a) He couldn't afford to support her anymore.
(b) He was taking a second wife.
(c) He was finding a job.
(d) He was getting a visa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature provide the borders for Pakistani rule?
2. How did Jamila's family react when the man visited her?
3. When does "Burning Books", the store, open up?
4. How many children does Sultan have with his first wife?
5. How does Sharifa show she is upset with Sultan's choice of Sonya for a wife?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)