|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Smell of Dust, pgs. 163-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Shakila and Mahmoud separated?
(a) Mahmoud gets married.
(b) Shakila moves away for a job.
(c) Shakila is forced to stop seeing him.
(d) Mahmoud moves away for a job.
2. What does Sharifa bring with her when she returns to Sultan's apartment?
3. Why is Saliqa beaten?
(a) For skipping school.
(b) For talking with a boy.
(c) For cheating on a test.
(d) For stealing from a store.
4. In "Crime and Punishment", how does Sharifa feel about staying in Peshawar?
(a) She thinks she needs to stay there longer to like it.
(b) She likes it a lot.
(c) She doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) She dislikes it.
5. How long after losing her job does Shakila marry?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shakila lose her job?
2. In "The Matriarch", what reason is given for the Sultan's simple living arrangements?
3. How does Bibi Gul feel at the bath in "The Smell of Dust"?
4. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
5. At the bath in "The Smell of Dust", who watches out for Bibi Gul?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)