|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Smell of Dust, pgs. 163-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sultan banish Farid from the family?
(a) Because he stole money.
(b) Because he gambled.
(c) Because he beat up a woman.
(d) Because he started his own store.
2. What do the women sit on in Sultan's apartment in "The Matriarch"?
(d) Small chairs.
3. What is the only piece of furniture in the room with all the boxes in Sultan's apartment?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bed.
(c) A bookcase.
(d) A table.
4. How do the women discuss Saliqa's beating?
(a) They say nothing about it.
(b) They say it is a shame.
(c) They say it's just a joke.
(d) They say she is a disgrace.
5. What does Bibi Gul do after taking her bath in "The Smell of Dust"?
(a) She counts her change for bus fare.
(b) She puts on her burka.
(c) She has someone bring her a cab.
(d) She braids her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of hairstyles do the Taliban ban?
2. What does talking about Saliqa remind the women of in "Crime and Punishment"?
3. Why did Jamila's family kill her?
4. What makes Bulbula unattractive to her social class?
5. What does Shakila do for a living?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)