|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carpenter, pg. 214-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sultan take with him to confront the carpenter about stealing?
2. Why are Shakila and Mahmoud separated?
(a) Shakila is forced to stop seeing him.
(b) Mahmoud gets married.
(c) Mahmoud moves away for a job.
(d) Shakila moves away for a job.
3. Why does Shakila lose her job?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) The Taliban makes it illegal for her to work.
(c) Because of her relationship with Mahmoud.
(d) The school is burned down.
4. In "The Carpenter", why does Mansur worry when he finds out when Sultan will return home?
(a) Because he didn't finish his chores.
(b) Because he paid the carpenter.
(c) Because he wasn't supposed to take an English class.
(d) Because he lost some of the merchandise.
5. Why are Shakila and Bulbula older than most brides?
(a) Their mother stopped them from getting married.
(b) They don't have enough money to get married.
(c) They were traveling.
(d) They were both sick for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mansur and Akbar read as the travel in "The Call From Ali"?
2. How does Shakila know Mahmoud?
3. Why does Akbar stay in Kabul longer than expected?
4. In "The Call From Ali", whose permission does Mansur need to travel to Mazar-i-Sharif?
5. How long can the carpenter be in prison for stealing from Sultan?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)