|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carpenter, pg. 214-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Afghani new year celebrated?
2. Why doesn't Sultan take the carpenter to the police?
(a) Because the he offers to work for free.
(b) Because he returns what he stole.
(c) Because he runs away.
(d) Because the police station is closed.
3. How does Shakila know Mahmoud?
(a) They grew up together.
(b) They work together.
(c) They met at the market.
(d) They are distant cousins.
4. In "The Call From Ali", why does Mansur say he doesn't have time for a social life?
(a) Because he must take care of his mother.
(b) Because he is busy at the store.
(c) Because he is always grounded.
(d) Because he has to clean the house.
5. Why are Shakila and Bulbula older than most brides?
(a) Their mother stopped them from getting married.
(b) They don't have enough money to get married.
(c) They were traveling.
(d) They were both sick for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shakila ask Wakil about working at their engagement party?
2. Who negotiates the marriages of Shakila and Bulbula?
3. Why does Akbar stay in Kabul longer than expected?
4. What does Mansur do the day after arriving at the mosque in "The Call From Ali"?
5. How long can the carpenter be in prison for stealing from Sultan?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)