The Proposal, Burning Books, pg. 3-22
1. What does Sultan do when he wants to take a wife in "The Proposal"?
(a) He finds someone to help him.
(b) He holds a party.
(c) He asks his sister to suggest someone.
(d) He talks to his brother about it.
2. How many girls does Sultan select to choose his wife from in "The Proposal"?
3. How many children does Sultan have with his first wife?
4. Why does Sonya agree to marry Sultan?
(a) Because her mother forces her to.
(b) Because it will help her family.
(c) Because he will make her rich.
(d) Because she loves him.
5. How does Sharifa show she is upset with Sultan's choice of Sonya for a wife?
(a) She speaks against him in public.
(b) She doesn't attend the ceremony.
(c) She doesn't give them a gift.
(d) She is rude to Sonya.
6. Why do Sultan's female relatives not dress up for his wedding to Sonya?
(a) It's their family tradition.
(b) They are rebeling against the marriage.
(c) They can't afford nice clothes.
(d) They don't want to look better than Sonya.
This section contains 4,304 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)