The Proposal, Burning Books, pg. 3-22
• Sultan takes a second wife that his family disagrees with.
• Sultan has a long history with selling books.
• When the Taliban comes to power, some of Sultan's books are burned.
• Sultan tries to apply for a visa to Canada.
Crime and Punishment, Suicide and Song, pg. 23-40
• Sharifa waits for her husband and takes care of the book business.
• Sharifa and the other women tell stories about women who act out of love and are beaten because of it.
• Saliqa is a young girl who is beaten for talking to a boy.
• Jamila was a woman whose family killed her for meeting with a man while her husband was gone.
The Business Trip, pg. 41-67
• Sultan makes his way to Pakistan.
• Sultan reunites with his family.
• Sultan meets with a publisher to have textbooks printed for students.
Do You Want to Make Me Sad, pg. 68-80
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)