|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman provided the greatest service to mankind?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Lady Justice.
(c) Lady Rectitude.
(d) Lady Reason.
2. Who arrives to finish the City of Ladies once Rectitude completes her portion?
(a) Lady Reason.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Lady Justice.
3. Who commits suicide when Aeneas sneaks away in the middle of the night?
(a) Queen Dido of Carthage.
4. Who is denounced by two old priests when they fail in their attempt to make her sin?
5. Who tries to seduce Florence?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband's brother.
(c) Her husband's father.
(d) Her husband's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pyramus do when he find Thisbe's veil which was eaten and vomited by a lion?
2. When St. Catherine is decapitated, what miracle occurs?
3. Who does Ghismonda take as a lover?
4. What does the magnificent sepulcher built in King Mausolus's honor become known as?
5. What does Marguerite de la Riviere do when she learns that the party missing from a ball is imprisoned for debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marquis Saluzzo test Griselda's constancy?
2. Who is Ulysses's wife, and why does Rectitude praise her?
3. What question does Christine ask that causes Rectitude to offer Julia, Pompey's wife, as an example to refute the claim?
4. How is Susanna's chastity questioned and proven?
5. How does Curia save her husband from exile and death?
6. Why is Claudia's reputation compromised, and how does she prove her chastity?
7. Describe the story about Bernabo and his wife.
8. What does Marcius say when his mother, Veturia, begs him to make peace with the Romans?
9. What happens between Saint Lucy and King Aucejas?
10. What results from Thisbe's mother's disapproval of Thisbe's love for Pyramus?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)