|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Saint Lucy of Syracus pray to for her mother's cure?
(a) Saint Eulalie.
(b) Saint Catherine.
(c) Saint Agatha.
(d) Saint Lucy.
2. What does Sulpicia do when her husband, Lentulus Cruscellio, is exiled?
(a) Marries someone else.
(b) Joins him in exile.
(c) Hides him in a trunk.
(d) Commits suicide.
3. Who prays to the goddess Pessinus to witness her chastity and allow her to tow a ship to harbor with her belt?
4. What does Rectitude claim is the main problem in educating women?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) Women do not want to be more intelligent than their husbands.
(c) Men do not want women to be more intelligent than they are.
(d) There is no problem in educating women.
5. What often assists in moral thinking, according to Rectitude?
(b) Relationships with men.
(d) Being male.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eulalie imprisoned and martyred?
2. Who lives a chaste widowhood after Emperor Nero kills her husband, Drusus Tiberius?
3. Who tries to seduce Florence?
4. Who arrives to finish the City of Ladies once Rectitude completes her portion?
5. Who does Justine's attempted suitor hire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rectitude resent the claim that women bring only evil to the world?
2. How is Susanna's chastity questioned and proven?
3. How does Judith save the Jews from Holofernes?
4. What does Marcius say when his mother, Veturia, begs him to make peace with the Romans?
5. How do the wives of the knights who helped Jason obtain the Golden Fleece save their husbands?
6. How does Xanthippe demonstrate her love for Socrates?
7. What happens when Rectitude finishes her portion of the City of Ladies?
8. What happens when Martina reveals her Christianity to the emperor who wants to marry her?
9. What does Christine mention about rape, and how does Rectitude respond?
10. What is the result of Theodosina's debate with the judge Urban?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)