|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leander routinely swim across Hellespont?
(a) To escape his home.
(b) To visit Thisbe.
(c) To visit Hero.
(d) To exercise.
2. When a woman is tortured for information concerning conspirators against Nero who met at her house, what does she do?
(a) Kills Nero.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Reveals the conspirators.
(d) Refuses to betray the conspirators.
3. Which woman provided the greatest service to mankind?
(a) Lady Justice.
(b) Lady Reason.
(c) Lady Rectitude.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. When does King Ortiagon's wife kill the Roman general who raped her?
(a) When she escapes from his control.
(c) A Roman general never rapes King Ortiagon's wife.
(d) While he is counting the ransom money.
5. Why does Marquis Saluzzo apologize to his wife?
(a) Because he is convinced of her fidelity and constancy.
(b) He does not apologize to his wife.
(c) Because she threatens to leave him for another man.
(d) Because she tries to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eulalie imprisoned and martyred?
2. Who bets that he can seduce Bernabo's wife?
3. What do the Lombard women due to avoid being raped by the victors of their people?
4. Who does Saint Lucy of Syracus pray to for her mother's cure?
5. What does Bernabo's wife name herself when she masquerades as a male servant for Senor Ferant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Christine ask that causes Rectitude to offer Julia, Pompey's wife, as an example to refute the claim?
2. What is the result of Theodosina's debate with the judge Urban?
3. What happens when Rectitude finishes her portion of the City of Ladies?
4. How does Artemisia honor her husband in death?
5. What does Rectitude say about women dressing elegantly?
6. Describe the story about Bernabo and his wife.
7. How do the wives of the knights who helped Jason obtain the Golden Fleece save their husbands?
8. How does Marquis Saluzzo test Griselda's constancy?
9. How does Judith save the Jews from Holofernes?
10. Why does Rectitude resent the claim that women bring only evil to the world?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)