|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Ephesians commission to paint a portrait of Diana?
2. Who predicts that Justinian will become emperor?
3. Why have the daughters of God been sent to Earth?
(a) To take Christine to heaven.
(b) The three ladies are not the daughters of God.
(c) To punish the wicked.
(d) To restore order and justice.
4. After all the noble males in Scythia are killed, what do the women become after forbidding men to enter their kingdom?
5. Who does Queen Penthesila fall in love with when she hears of his courageous feats?
(b) Hector of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes women perfect in mind and body?
2. Who carries nine books to King Tarquin in Rome?
3. Who does Reason claim never criticized women more than men?
4. Why does Christine wonder if marriage is unbearable?
5. Who are the three Jewish women to whom God grants the gift of prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name and describe two stories that Reason tells to dispute the claim that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermine moral qualities.
2. In Section 1, Parts 28-36, what allusions to Greek and Roman mythology does Reason make?
3. In Section 1, part 10, how does Reason praise women in response to Cato's claim that attractive women are like roses with thorns underneath?
4. List and describe the accomplishments of Nicostrata.
5. How does Hypsipyle save her father, Thoas?
6. Who are the Amazons, and how do they live?
7. What does Reason tell Christine when Christine asks if women are capable of good judgment?
8. Compare and contrast Ceres and Isis.
9. How does Reason conclude her portion of building the City of Ladies?
10. Compare and contrast Zenobia and Artemisia.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)