|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Queen Penthesila?
(a) Hector of Troy.
2. To Cato's claim that attractive women are like roses with thorns underneath, what does Reason say the thorns represent?
(a) Violent natures.
(b) Reason says there are no thorns in women's nature.
(c) Contrition and fear of doing wrong.
(d) Evil ways.
3. Who prophesies about the wooden plank that comes from the tree which will be used to kill the man who will destroy the Jewish faith?
(d) The Queen of Sheba.
4. Who prophesies that the King of Thuringia will receive a vision if he remains chaste on his wedding night?
(a) Queen Basine.
5. Why have the daughters of God been sent to Earth?
(a) To punish the wicked.
(b) To restore order and justice.
(c) The three ladies are not the daughters of God.
(d) To take Christine to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows King Mithradates into battle rather than reveling in luxury in her own land?
2. Whose duty is to protect the rights of the innocent and prevent the wicked from abusing their power?
3. Who defeats her enemy by instructing the army to hold boughs from trees so the enemy thinks the forest is near?
4. Why don't women participate in court?
5. Why does Rectitude think parents should not worry about the cost of a dowry for daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 1, part 10, how does Reason praise women in response to Cato's claim that attractive women are like roses with thorns underneath?
2. Why should Theodoric's honor for his victory in battle belong to his mother, Lilia?
3. Why does Reason say women are not allowed in court?
4. What does Reason say about the intelligence and education of Cornifica and Proba?
5. What is Queen Penthesila's role in the legendary Trojan War and as an Amazon?
6. What does Reason tell Christine when Christine asks if women are capable of good judgment?
7. What does the Queen of Sheba prophesy about while visiting King Solomon?
8. Describe Almathea's interactions with King Tarquin in Rome.
9. Name and describe two stories that Reason tells to dispute the claim that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermine moral qualities.
10. In Section 1, Parts 37-41, what inventions are listed, and who makes them?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)