|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes women perfect in mind and body?
(c) Women are not perfect in mind and body.
2. Who kills Queen Penthesila?
(d) Hector of Troy.
3. Who tricks the guard of an enemy king and leads high-born Roman virgins back to their families?
4. Who do the Ephesians commission to paint a portrait of Diana?
5. Whose duty is to judge and repay everyone according to their just deserts?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Lady Justice.
(c) Lady Rectitude.
(d) Lady Reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christine wonder if marriage is unbearable?
2. Who predicts the fall of Troy?
3. What male author praises intellectual women?
4. Whose duty is to protect the rights of the innocent and prevent the wicked from abusing their power?
5. Which queen is responsible for capturing and killing King Cyrus when he attempts to attack the Amazons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Theodoric's honor for his victory in battle belong to his mother, Lilia?
2. Who are the Amazons, and how do they live?
3. What does Reason tell Christine when Christine asks if women are capable of good judgment?
4. In Section 1, Parts 37-41, what inventions are listed, and who makes them?
5. List and describe the accomplishments of Nicostrata.
6. How does Reason respond to Christine's question about why male authors slander women?
7. Compare and contrast Ceres and Isis.
8. Describe Christine's opinion about being female before the three ladies appear to her, and explain why she feels this way.
9. What does Rectitude say about parents preferring sons to daughters?
10. When Christine asks if marriage is unbearable because women are impossible to live with, how does Rectitude respond?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)