|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who predicts that Justinian will become emperor?
2. Who conquers Ethiopia and India?
3. Who devotedly loves King Mithradates despite the fact that he has many concubines?
(a) Queen Hypsicratea.
(b) Queen Dido.
(c) Queen Claudine.
(d) Queen Drypetina.
4. Who defeats Xerxes when he attacks the Lacedaemoniana?
5. Who creates the Latin alphabet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is better than good judgment because it can benefit mankind for all of eternity?
2. Who works hard to earn a living for her ailing, elderly father and herself?
3. Who is the first lady that speaks to Christine?
4. Who makes women perfect in mind and body?
5. Who are the three Jewish women to whom God grants the gift of prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Queen Penthesila's role in the legendary Trojan War and as an Amazon?
2. What does Rectitude say about parents preferring sons to daughters?
3. What does Reason say about the intelligence and education of Cornifica and Proba?
4. What does Reason tell Christine when Christine asks if women are capable of good judgment?
5. Compare and contrast Zenobia and Artemisia.
6. How does Reason define good judgment?
7. Describe Christine's opinion about being female before the three ladies appear to her, and explain why she feels this way.
8. Name and describe two stories that Reason tells to dispute the claim that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermine moral qualities.
9. When Christine asks if marriage is unbearable because women are impossible to live with, how does Rectitude respond?
10. Why does Emperor Justinian marry Antonia?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)