|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jason acquire the Golden Fleece?
2. Who are the three Jewish women to whom God grants the gift of prophecy?
(a) Erythrea, Medea, and Elissa.
(b) Dido, Lavinia, and Sempronia.
(c) Almatea, Nicostrata, and Opis.
(d) Deborah, Elizabeth, and Anna.
3. Who has complete knowledge of pyromancy?
4. Who predicts the fall of Troy?
(d) Queen Basine.
5. Who excels in the seven liberal arts and becomes a remarkable poet?
6. Whose authority does Christine yield to at the beginning of this novel, though she is unable to support the view from her personal experience?
(a) Female authors.
(b) Male authors.
(c) Religious leaders.
7. What kind of citizens will Rectitude and Christine fill the City of Ladies with?
(a) Immoral men and women.
(b) Men of various social classes.
(c) Virtuous and honorable citizens.
(d) Chaste women.
8. Who tricks the guard of an enemy king and leads high-born Roman virgins back to their families?
9. Who does Theseus beg to marry?
10. Who carries nine books to King Tarquin in Rome?
11. Which queen is responsible for capturing and killing King Cyrus when he attempts to attack the Amazons?
(a) Queen Dido.
(b) Queen Synoppe.
(c) Queen Thamiris.
(d) Queen Fredegunde.
12. Who disputes the idea that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermines moral qualities?
(a) Lady Justice.
(b) Lady Reason.
(c) Lady Rectitude.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
13. Who tells the Greeks of their upcoming struggles and battles?
14. Who does Queen Penthesila fall in love with when she hears of his courageous feats?
(d) Hector of Troy.
15. What male author praises intellectual women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who avenges her mother's death by killing the entire population of her mother's murderer's country?
2. Who makes women perfect in mind and body?
3. Who will bring the queen and princesses to the City of Ladies?
4. Who works hard to earn a living for her ailing, elderly father and herself?
5. What is Christine supposed to build?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)