|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prophesies that Rome will be built on Mount Palatine?
(a) Queen of Sheba.
(b) Queen Basine.
2. Who does mankind gain more from than was lost through Eve?
(a) Lady Reason.
(b) Lady Rectitude.
(c) Lady Justice.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. Who is a better painter than the men of her time?
4. Who prophesies about the wooden plank that comes from the tree which will be used to kill the man who will destroy the Jewish faith?
(c) The Queen of Sheba.
5. Who does Theseus beg to marry?
6. Who works hard to earn a living for her ailing, elderly father and herself?
7. Who do the Ephesians commission to paint a portrait of Diana?
8. What country does Artemisia become Queen of?
9. Who conquers Ethiopia and India?
10. Who are the first Amazons to attack the invading Greeks?
(a) Synoppe and Thamiris.
(b) Menalippe and Hippolyta.
(c) Synoppe and Hippolyta.
(d) Menalippe and Synoppe.
11. Why does Rectitude think parents should not worry about the cost of a dowry for daughters?
(a) Because educating sons is just as expensive.
(b) Parent should worry about the cost of a daughter's dowry.
(c) Because God will provide.
(d) Because virtuous women do not require a dowry.
12. What does the woman whose mother is imprisoned and sentenced to starvation do to help her mother?
(a) Allows herself to be imprisoned to keep her mother company.
(b) Disowns her mother.
(c) Helps her mother escape.
(d) Visits daily and breastfeeds her mother.
13. What is the meaning of the word sibyl?
(a) Very beautiful woman.
(b) One of affluence.
(c) One privy to the thoughts of God.
(d) An evil being.
14. Who is sent to school with her brother due to her parents' clever trick?
15. Who is the author of the book that Christine reads at the beginning of "The Book of the City of Ladies"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disputes the idea that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermines moral qualities?
2. Who is renamed Dido after founding Carthage?
3. Why do Hercules and Theseus invade the Amazons?
4. Who does Reason claim never criticized women more than men?
5. What does Rectitude claim few wives are?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)