|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is renamed Dido after founding Carthage?
2. Who invents the science and techniques of agriculture?
3. Who marries the King of Palmyria?
4. Who prophesies that Rome will be built on Mount Palatine?
(a) Queen of Sheba.
(d) Queen Basine.
5. What male author praises intellectual women?
6. Who writes "Letter of Othea to Hector"?
(d) Christine de Pizan.
7. Whose gift of prophecy causes some to claim that Phoebus loves her?
8. Who predicts the fall of Troy?
(b) Queen Basine.
9. What country does Artemisia become Queen of?
10. Who disputes the idea that women's weak bodies make them inferior and undermines moral qualities?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Lady Rectitude.
(c) Lady Reason.
(d) Lady Justice.
11. Who changes Ulysses's men into swine?
12. Who do the Ephesians commission to paint a portrait of Diana?
13. Who fights Vespasian at her husband's side?
(a) Empress Triaria.
(b) Empress Hypsicratea.
(c) Empress Griselda.
(d) Empress Claudine.
14. Who receives high honors for saving her father when his enemies attack him during a triumphal procession in Rome?
15. Why is the idea that female children result from a deficiency in the womb irrational?
(a) Because women are not developed in the womb.
(b) Because God made women and men equally noble and virtuous.
(c) Because females result from extravagance.
(d) This is not an irrational idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the three ladies appear, why does the first lady chide Christine for believing books?
2. After the trench is completed, what must Christine do to begin building the foundation?
3. Who has complete knowledge of pyromancy?
4. Who invents the Egyptian alphabet?
5. Who invents new forms of poetry?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)