1. Who is the author of the book that Christine reads at the beginning of "The Book of the City of Ladies"?
2. Whose authority does Christine yield to at the beginning of this novel, though she is unable to support the view from her personal experience?
3. Why does Christine think herself unfortunate?
4. After the three ladies appear, why does the first lady chide Christine for believing books?
5. Why have the daughters of God been sent to Earth?
This section contains 3,877 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)