|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, I/37-I/48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first Amazons to attack the invading Greeks?
(a) Menalippe and Hippolyta.
(b) Synoppe and Hippolyta.
(c) Menalippe and Synoppe.
(d) Synoppe and Thamiris.
2. Which queen is responsible for capturing and killing King Cyrus when he attempts to attack the Amazons?
(a) Queen Fredegunde.
(b) Queen Thamiris.
(c) Queen Synoppe.
(d) Queen Dido.
3. Who does Queen Penthesila fall in love with when she hears of his courageous feats?
(c) Hector of Troy.
4. Who is so intelligent that many declare that she is the goddess of arms, warfare, and wisdom?
5. To Cato's claim that attractive women are like roses with thorns underneath, what does Reason say the thorns represent?
(a) Violent natures.
(b) Evil ways.
(c) Reason says there are no thorns in women's nature.
(d) Contrition and fear of doing wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose duty is to protect the rights of the innocent and prevent the wicked from abusing their power?
2. Who is so well versed in the arts and sciences that even the bible speaks of her abilities?
3. Whose authority does Christine yield to at the beginning of this novel, though she is unable to support the view from her personal experience?
4. Who is sent to school with her brother due to her parents' clever trick?
5. Who invents the arts of dying wool and weaving fine tapestries?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)