|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, I/37-I/48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is so intelligent that many declare that she is the goddess of arms, warfare, and wisdom?
2. Who is Aeneas's wife and the mother of Julius Silvanus?
3. Who marries Saturn and gives birth to Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto?
4. To Cato's claim that attractive women are like roses with thorns underneath, what does Reason say the thorns represent?
(a) Violent natures.
(b) Contrition and fear of doing wrong.
(c) Evil ways.
(d) Reason says there are no thorns in women's nature.
5. Whose duty is to protect the rights of the innocent and prevent the wicked from abusing their power?
(a) Lady Rectitude.
(b) Lady Reason.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Lady Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first Amazons to attack the invading Greeks?
2. After all the noble males in Scythia are killed, what do the women become after forbidding men to enter their kingdom?
3. Who is a better painter than the men of her time?
4. What is Theodoric's mother's name?
5. After the three ladies appear, why does the first lady chide Christine for believing books?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)