|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tea-Masters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place of honor?
(a) The "tokoyoko."
(b) The "tokonoma."
(c) The "toyota."
(d) The "tutenkamun."
2. Would the state fund Okakura's school?
(c) Only at first.
(d) Only much later.
3. Flowers and trees are selected how?
(a) Very hastily.
(b) Very slowly.
(c) Very quickly.
(d) Very carefully.
4. Is there a mechanical method for making tea?
5. He studied at an English-language university, and was fluent in what three languages?
(a) Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
(b) English, French, and Japanese.
(c) Chinese, English, and Japanese.
(d) Chinese, French, and Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Japanese under ______________________in the second half of the 19th century were pursuing efforts to modernize.
2. The book also discusses well-known tea drinkers from history, and_________ methods of tea drinking which are to be avoided.
3. Where are a massive amount of flowers used and then tossed out, with no appreciation or consideration for the sacrifice of the flower?
4. Zennism emphasized the abstract and the imaginary, whereas Buddhism emphasized what?
5. Tea-masters, in choosing art for their ceremonies, only choose what pieces?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)