|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word for the "religion of aestheticism," which has grown up around tea in Japanese culture?
2. Fenollosa left to curate what museum?
(a) The MoMa.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The Boston Museum.
(d) The Guggenheim.
3. The year _______ is the first written mention of tea in the Western world.
4. Why were they referred to in this way?
(a) They loved tea more than anything else.
(b) They used tea as an artistic medium.
(c) They used tea for creative inspiration and contemplate tea itself, celebrating its essence.
(d) They discussed the aesthetic qualities of tea.
5. Fenollosa and Okakura went around Asia, doing what?
(a) Finding art and other objects to preserve.
(b) Teaching art history.
(c) Encouraging others to treasure Japanese culture.
(d) Speaking Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. He died in 1913 after returning to Tokyo and contracting what disease?
2. He studied at an English-language university, and was fluent in what three languages?
3. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
4. America's own __________________ shows the power of tea.
5. What cannot be disputed is that, in his time, he was one of the greatest _____________ scholars, and his knowledge of this art was unparalleled.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)