|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The year _______ is the first written mention of tea in the Western world.
2. Okakura went to America with many _____________________ to sell to Americans.
3. He studied under a Harvard-educated American, Ernest Fenollosa, who was instrumental in _________________ Westernization in Japan.
4. What has been beneficial to this "religion of aestheticism?"
(a) Japan's isolation.
(b) Japan's influence on the continent.
(c) Japan's connection with China.
(d) Japan's Buddhist beliefs.
5. The West may never truly _______________ the East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be disputed is that, in his time, he was one of the greatest _____________ scholars, and his knowledge of this art was unparalleled.
2. America's own __________________ shows the power of tea.
3. What represents a harmonious synthesis of these personalities?
4. Okakura worked to make the Boston Museum a world-famous repository of what?
5. Who brought the tea to Europe?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)