|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He studied at an English-language university, and was fluent in what three languages?
(a) Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
(b) Chinese, English, and Japanese.
(c) Chinese, French, and Japanese.
(d) English, French, and Japanese.
2. What cannot be disputed is that, in his time, he was one of the greatest _____________ scholars, and his knowledge of this art was unparalleled.
3. What is another side?
(a) The self-assured.
(b) The sentimentalist.
(c) The friend.
(d) The knowing one.
4. Who brought the tea to Europe?
5. In 1890 the two split, perhaps due to what, and the fact that Okakura was outdoing his master?
(a) Strong egos in both men.
(b) Differing beliefs.
(c) Different life paths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word for the "religion of aestheticism," which has grown up around tea in Japanese culture?
2. What is another side?
3. When was tea first brought to Europe?
4. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
5. 1898, Okakura resigned his official post in a state institution to found what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)