|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
2. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
3. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
4. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
5. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
Essay Topic 1
Ruth and Aunt Sid communicate through letters.
Part 1) How and why does this communication begin? How dose this communication affect Ruth?
Part 2) What is learned about Ruth through these letters? How important is this relationship to Ruth? Why?
Part 3) What other relationships are important to Ruth in this story? How are relationships a theme in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Ruby is hit by a car.
Part 1) Why was he hit by a car? How does this reveal Ruby's behavior and attitude at this time?
Part 2) How does this affect the other members of his family? Does he realize the consequences of his actions? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might you have done about Ruby after this accident? Why would you have done this?
Essay Topic 3
May becomes friends with Dee Dee.
Part 1) Describe their friendship. Why might these two be friends?
Part 2) What is learned about May through this relationship? What might be the cause for this different behavior?
Part 3) How do you act differently around different people? Why? What might this reveal about you?
This section contains 1,513 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)