|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth goes into labor when?
2. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
3. Ruth wants to buy him a winter suit, but May gets him one from where?
4. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
5. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Ruth return home?
2. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
3. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
4. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
5. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
6. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
7. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
8. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
9. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
10. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruth and Matt graduate.
Part 1) How is each of them affected by this graduation? Why? What does this reveal about their futures?
Part 2) How do the family dynamics change? How does May feel about this? Why?
Part 3) Could Ruth have had a better future? Why or why not? Should Matt have acted differently toward his family at this point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ruby is hit by a car.
Part 1) Why was he hit by a car? How does this reveal Ruby's behavior and attitude at this time?
Part 2) How does this affect the other members of his family? Does he realize the consequences of his actions? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might you have done about Ruby after this accident? Why would you have done this?
Essay Topic 3
Ruth and Miss Finch form a relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. How is it formed? How does Ruth benefit from this friendship?
Part 2) How does this relationship come to an end? How dose this ending affect Ruth?
Part 3) What relationships are important in your own life? Why?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)