|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
2. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
3. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
4. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
5. How does May feel about the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
3. What job does Ruby finally get?
4. To what does Ruth return home?
5. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
6. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
7. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
8. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
9. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
10. What time does Ruth remember as one of the best times in her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruth and Miss Finch form a relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. How is it formed? How does Ruth benefit from this friendship?
Part 2) How does this relationship come to an end? How dose this ending affect Ruth?
Part 3) What relationships are important in your own life? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ruth's opinion of Sid is changed.
Part 1) Describe Sid's relationship and opinion of Sid up to the point when she finds the letter. How does this letter alter her opinion of Sid?
Part 2) Should Ruth be this upset about the letter? Why or why not? Should Sid have confronted Ruth regarding her opinion about Ruby? Why or why not?
Part 3) If your friend was in a relationship you did not care for, would you say something? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ruth vacations with Sid.
Part 1) What was Ruth's original vacation plan? Why does this first plan fall through? What does this reveal about Ruby?
Part 2) How important is this vacation to Ruth? Why do May and Ruby react the way they do regarding Ruth's vacation? How do their reactions affect Ruth?
Part 3) Describe a vacation on which you have gone. Why was it important to you? How were you changed by it?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)