|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she help the team do?
2. May often has to remind Ruth to do what?
3. They would dance among what?
4. Everyone liked Willard Jenson; he was _______________ young man.
5. Still she often had trouble with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
2. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
3. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
4. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
5. With what was May burdened? Why? How did she feel about this?
6. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
7. What happened when May met Elmer Grey?
8. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
9. What did Ruth think about these letters from Sid? Why?
10. What did May do after Willard's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruth and Miss Finch form a relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. How is it formed? How does Ruth benefit from this friendship?
Part 2) How does this relationship come to an end? How dose this ending affect Ruth?
Part 3) What relationships are important in your own life? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ruth's father left when she was ten.
Part 1) Describe Ruth's family. Why might her father have left?
Part 2) How did her father's leaving affect Ruth, her brother, and her mother?
Part 3) What is a significant event that has taken place in your own life? How has it affected you?
Essay Topic 3
Ruth marries Ruby.
Part 1) Why does she marry him? Should she have married him? Why or why not?
Part 2) How are Ruby and May alike? How are they different? How does their volatile relationship affect Ruth?
Part 3) Do you believe many people marry for the wrong reasons or marry the wrong person? Why or why not?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)