|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He attempts suicide.
(b) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
(c) He moves to Florida.
(d) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
2. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) The baby.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Morning sickness.
3. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid is happy for her.
(b) Sid misses her.
(c) Sid is not feeling well.
(d) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
4. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Stands up.
(b) Backs down from her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Pushes her.
5. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
(a) Ruby always overslept.
(b) Ruby could not remember basic directions.
(c) Ruby was angry all the time.
(d) Ruby could not handle having someone boss him around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth recalls this as what?
2. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
3. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
4. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
5. May's attitude toward Ruth begins to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ruby's father treat him?
2. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
3. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
4. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
5. What time does Ruth remember as one of the best times in her marriage?
6. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
7. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
8. What job does Ruby finally get?
9. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
10. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)