|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) His drug use.
(b) The birdhouses.
(c) The guitars.
(d) The paintings.
2. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(c) Dee Dee.
3. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The best time of her life.
(b) The scariest time of her life.
(c) The most unusual time of her life.
(d) The worst time of her life.
4. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid misses her.
(b) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(c) Sid is happy for her.
(d) Sid is not feeling well.
5. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
(a) To California.
(b) To Texas.
(c) To Arizona.
(d) To Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
2. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
3. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
4. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
5. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
2. What led to Ruby being babied?
3. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
5. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
6. To what does Ruth return home?
7. How did Ruby's father treat him?
8. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
9. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
10. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)