|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does tension begin?
(a) When Ruby and Ruth move in with May.
(b) When May makes fun of Ruby's birdhouses.
(c) When Ruth teases Ruby about his guitar-playing abilities.
(d) When May makes fun of Ruby's paintings.
2. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The birdhouses.
(b) The guitars.
(c) His drug use.
(d) The paintings.
3. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
(b) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He moves to Florida.
4. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Take a trip by themselves.
(b) Move out.
(c) Go to couple's counseling.
(d) Get new jobs.
5. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) The baby.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Morning sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
2. How is May appeased?
3. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
4. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
5. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
2. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
3. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
4. How did Ruby's father treat him?
5. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
6. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
7. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
8. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
9. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
10. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)