|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
(a) Strangled it.
(b) Took care of it.
(c) Poisoned it.
(d) Ate it.
2. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They like it.
(b) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They think it might be a good idea.
3. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(a) Making birdhouses.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Playing his guitar.
4. Ruth names the baby what?
5. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In the father's waiting room.
(b) In her car.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In the waiting room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
2. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
3. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
5. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
2. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
3. What led to Ruby being babied?
4. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
5. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
6. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
7. How did Ruby's father treat him?
8. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
9. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
10. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)