|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
(a) Took care of it.
(b) Ate it.
(c) Strangled it.
(d) Poisoned it.
2. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(b) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
(c) He moves to Florida.
(d) He attempts suicide.
3. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Short weekend.
(b) Long week.
(c) Long weekend.
(d) Long day.
4. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
5. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(a) Baby stores.
(b) Birthing classes.
(c) College classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
2. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
3. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
4. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
5. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Ruth return home?
2. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
3. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
4. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
5. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
6. How did Ruby's father treat him?
7. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
8. What job does Ruby finally get?
9. What led to Ruby being babied?
10. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)