|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
(a) Shy and quiet.
(b) Nervous and uncertain.
(c) With a strong will and great self-confidence.
(d) With a violent temper and a lack of direction.
2. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) His drug use.
(b) The birdhouses.
(c) The guitars.
(d) The paintings.
3. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
4. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
5. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid misses her.
(b) Sid is not feeling well.
(c) Sid is happy for her.
(d) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
2. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
3. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
4. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
5. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
3. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
4. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
5. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
6. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
7. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
8. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
9. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
10. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)