|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
(a) Going to bars and drinking in dark, secluded places.
(b) Going on long walks.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Going out to nice dinners.
2. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
(a) Ruby was angry all the time.
(b) Ruby always overslept.
(c) Ruby could not handle having someone boss him around.
(d) Ruby could not remember basic directions.
3. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
(a) Ruby becomes very ill.
(b) Ruby decides he does not want to go.
(c) Ruby gets hit by a car and messes up his leg.
(d) Ruby finds a new job.
4. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid misses her.
(b) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(c) Sid is not feeling well.
(d) Sid is happy for her.
5. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He curses.
(d) He eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
2. Ruth learns what about herself?
3. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
4. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
5. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)