|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
2. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He really likes her.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He is not a good person.
3. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
(a) He is not good enough for her daughter.
(b) He appears to be stupid and once vandalized some cars.
(c) He is too good for Ruth.
(d) He is a loser.
4. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
(a) Ruby always overslept.
(b) Ruby could not handle having someone boss him around.
(c) Ruby could not remember basic directions.
(d) Ruby was angry all the time.
5. Ruth goes into labor when?
(a) Easter morning.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
2. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
3. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
4. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
5. Ruth recalls this as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does Ruth remember as one of the best times in her marriage?
2. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
3. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
4. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
5. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
6. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
7. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
8. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
9. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
10. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)