|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the car.
(b) In the hot sun.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) In a swing.
2. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
(a) See him more often.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Get a home of his own for his family.
(d) Stop using drugs.
3. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
(a) Her bridesmaid.
(b) Her legal guardian.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) Her best friend.
4. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
5. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The paintings.
(b) The birdhouses.
(c) The guitars.
(d) His drug use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
2. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
3. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
4. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
5. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
2. What led to Ruby being babied?
3. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
4. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
5. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
6. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
7. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
8. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
9. What job does Ruby finally get?
10. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)