|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
2. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Travel around the state.
(b) Live on her own.
(c) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
(d) Search for a new job.
3. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
(a) How she is planning to run away.
(b) How much she loves her and how the letters Sid sent to her all those years ago saved her life.
(c) How unhappy she is.
(d) How horrible her home life is.
4. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
5. Ruth names the baby what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May feel about the baby?
2. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
3. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
5. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
2. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
3. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
4. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
5. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
6. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
7. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
8. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
9. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
10. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)