|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Morning sickness.
(c) The baby.
2. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
(b) A decrease in.
(c) An increase in.
(d) The same.
3. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Still go on the vacation.
(c) Move out.
(d) Stay at home.
4. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Tries to find a job.
(b) Wanders around town.
(d) Watches the house.
5. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Making birdhouses.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. The following January, Ruby gets a job running ________________ that parks in the grocery store parking lot twice a month.
2. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
3. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
5. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
2. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
3. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
5. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
6. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
7. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
8. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
9. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
10. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)