|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
2. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She is happy with it.
(b) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(c) She is unhappy with it.
(d) She thinks nothing of it.
3. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(a) Easy going.
4. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(a) Baby stores.
(b) Birthing classes.
(d) College classes.
5. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(a) Dee Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
2. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
3. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
4. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
5. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
2. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
3. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
4. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
5. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
6. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
7. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
8. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
9. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
10. To what does Ruth return home?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)