|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They are expecting a child.
(b) They are engaged to be married.
(c) They break up.
(d) They have started dating.
2. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Stop using drugs.
(c) Get a home of his own for his family.
(d) See him more often.
3. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) Her best dress.
(b) A simple dress.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(d) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
4. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
(a) Ruby becomes very ill.
(b) Ruby gets hit by a car and messes up his leg.
(c) Ruby finds a new job.
(d) Ruby decides he does not want to go.
5. May thinks she is the expert on what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth learns what about herself?
2. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
3. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
4. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
5. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
2. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
3. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
4. To what does Ruth return home?
5. What led to Ruby being babied?
6. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
7. How did Ruby's father treat him?
8. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
9. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
10. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)