|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) The wedding preparations.
(b) Dating Ruby.
(c) Spending time with Daisy.
(d) Her relationship with Randall.
2. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
3. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the car.
(b) In the hot sun.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) In a swing.
4. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
5. Ruth wants to buy him a winter suit, but May gets him one from where?
(b) Men's Warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
2. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
3. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
4. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
5. When does tension begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
2. How did Ruby's father treat him?
3. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
4. What led to Ruby being babied?
5. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
6. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
7. What job does Ruby finally get?
8. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
9. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
10. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)