|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The birdhouses.
(b) The guitars.
(c) The paintings.
(d) His drug use.
2. How does May feel about the baby?
3. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(a) College classes.
(c) Birthing classes.
(d) Baby stores.
4. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She is allergic to that fruit.
(b) She has to pay for them.
(c) She does not like it when he gets his way.
(d) She does not like that type of fruit.
5. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She married the wrong man.
(d) She is not smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
2. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
3. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
4. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
5. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
2. To what does Ruth return home?
3. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
4. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
5. How did Ruby's father treat him?
6. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
7. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
8. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
9. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
10. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)