|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
2. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) See him more often.
(c) Get a home of his own for his family.
(d) Stop using drugs.
3. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Short weekend.
(b) Long day.
(c) Long week.
(d) Long weekend.
4. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(d) Easy going.
5. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To Arizona.
(c) To California.
(d) To Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
2. Ruth learns what about herself?
3. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
5. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
2. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
3. What led to Ruby being babied?
4. What job does Ruby finally get?
5. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
6. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
7. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
8. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
9. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
10. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)