|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Move out.
(b) Take a trip by themselves.
(c) Go to couple's counseling.
(d) Get new jobs.
2. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Pushes her.
(b) Stands up.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Backs down from her.
3. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
(a) With a strong will and great self-confidence.
(b) Nervous and uncertain.
(c) With a violent temper and a lack of direction.
(d) Shy and quiet.
4. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They like it.
(b) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(c) They think it might be a good idea.
(d) They do not like it.
5. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
2. When does tension begin?
3. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
4. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
5. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Ruby finally get?
2. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
3. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
5. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
6. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
7. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
8. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
9. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
10. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)