|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long weekend.
(b) Long day.
(c) Short weekend.
(d) Long week.
2. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The birdhouses.
(b) His drug use.
(c) The paintings.
(d) The guitars.
3. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She is allergic to that fruit.
(b) She does not like it when he gets his way.
(c) She has to pay for them.
(d) She does not like that type of fruit.
4. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
(a) To Arizona.
(b) To California.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To Texas.
5. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Live on her own.
(b) Search for a new job.
(c) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
(d) Travel around the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
2. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
3. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
4. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
5. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Ruby finally get?
2. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
3. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
4. How did Ruby's father treat him?
5. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
6. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
7. What time does Ruth remember as one of the best times in her marriage?
8. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
9. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
10. To what does Ruth return home?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)