|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Making birdhouses.
2. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
(a) He appears to be stupid and once vandalized some cars.
(b) He is too good for Ruth.
(c) He is a loser.
(d) He is not good enough for her daughter.
3. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
(b) Watching television and cleaning up the house.
(c) Laying out on the beach.
(d) Going hiking.
4. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
(a) Get a job.
(b) See him more often.
(c) Get a home of his own for his family.
(d) Stop using drugs.
5. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Wanders around town.
(b) Watches the house.
(d) Tries to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
2. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
3. Ruby was a surprise baby, born prematurely in a time when his parents had believed what?
4. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
5. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
2. How does May feel about Ruth's engagement to Ruby? Why? How is May appeased?
3. How did Ruby's father treat him?
4. What leads to tension? What exacerbates this tension?
5. To what does Ruth return home?
6. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
7. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
8. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
9. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
10. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)