|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
(b) He moves to Florida.
(c) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(d) He attempts suicide.
2. The following January, Ruby gets a job running ________________ that parks in the grocery store parking lot twice a month.
(a) The delivery truck.
(b) The dump truck.
(c) The recycling truck.
(d) The icecream truck.
3. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
(a) Going to bars and drinking in dark, secluded places.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Going out to nice dinners.
(d) Going on long walks.
4. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Tries to find a job.
(b) Wanders around town.
(c) Watches the house.
5. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(b) A simple dress.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(d) Her best dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
2. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
3. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
4. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
5. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
2. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
3. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
4. What does Daisy suggest Ruth do? How do the others feel about this idea?
5. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
6. How did Ruby's father treat him?
7. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
8. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
9. What does Ruth decide she and Ruby should do? How does this turn out? Why?
10. What job does Ruby finally get?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)