|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
(a) Living in a home of her own.
(b) What it would be like to run away.
(c) Having her mother committed to a mental institution.
(d) Having another child.
2. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The scariest time of her life.
(b) The worst time of her life.
(c) The most unusual time of her life.
(d) The best time of her life.
3. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
(a) Ruby gets fired.
(b) May grows bored with Justin.
(c) Ruby begins using drugs.
(d) Justin ages.
4. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long weekend.
(b) Long day.
(c) Long week.
(d) Short weekend.
5. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a swing.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) In the hot sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
2. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
3. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
4. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
5. Ruth names the baby what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does Ruth remember as one of the best times in her marriage?
2. Describe the first few months after Justin's birth.
3. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
4. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
5. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
6. What does May learn in April? How might this make her feel?
7. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
8. Describe Aunt Sid and Ruth's vacation together.
9. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
10. Describe Ruth's labor and delivery.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)