|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth remembers her first meeting with who?
(a) Her neighbor Sid.
(b) Her cousin Sid.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her Aunt Sid.
2. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His confidante.
(d) His best friend.
3. Who was going to change the world?
(b) The congregation.
4. What does May not buy Ruth?
(a) School supplies.
5. They would dance among what?
(a) Mops and brooms.
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) The pots and pans.
(d) The piles of dirty clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randall, Dee Dee's son, do to Ruth?
2. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
3. Why is Ruth afraid to tell this story and May's reaction?
4. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
5. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to a friendship between Ruth and Aunt Sid?
2. Why is Ruth teased in school? How does she deal with this?
3. How did May come to spend a great deal of time with Willard Jenson?
4. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
5. What happened when May met Elmer Grey?
6. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
7. Who is Dee Dee Foote? What does Dee Dee Foote bring out in May?
8. What happens when Ruth is moved up to a normal English class?
9. How does Ruth meet Ruby?
10. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)