|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruth feel about these books?
(a) She is excited about them.
(b) She fears them.
(c) She is interested in them.
(d) She is annoyed by them.
2. When Elmer Grey began coming around, a widower with a farm of his own, May accepted his attentions and they were married when?
(a) A short time later.
(b) Five years later.
(c) Two years later.
(d) A year later.
3. On payday, Ruth hands her check over to May except for______ dollars which she puts away in a piggy bank.
4. Matt lives in a world that does not include who?
(c) May and Ruth.
(d) Anyone but himself.
5. Mrs. Foote's husband dies from what?
(a) His kidney disease.
(b) His liver disease.
(c) His cancer.
(d) His heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they finally married, most people thought it was for what reason?
2. What does May not buy Ruth?
3. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
4. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
5. May learned the tragic news on what day?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what was May burdened? Why? How did she feel about this?
2. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
3. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
4. Why does Ruth believe the people in town must feel sorry for her and her family?
5. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
6. How did May come to spend a great deal of time with Willard Jenson?
7. Describe Honey Creek.
8. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
9. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
10. How does Ruth's time at Miss Finch's affect her?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)