|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As children they often played house together, but Matt had to be who?
(a) The father.
(b) The son.
(c) The bride.
(d) The groom.
2. Ruth remembers one Christmas when the Reverend at her church announced what?
(a) He would be retiring.
(b) Satan has taken control of many lives.
(c) Jesus is born.
(d) The coming of Jesus.
3. May, either intentionally or unintentionally, does not notice what about Ruth?
(a) Her changing grades.
(b) Her changing body.
(c) Her changing confidence.
(d) Her changing intelligence.
4. When May discovered Sid had given Ruth a musical jewelry box, what did she do?
(a) She quickly confiscated the gift.
(b) She begged Sid to take it back.
(c) She yelled at Sid.
(d) She asked Sid to say it was from her.
5. What does May not buy Ruth?
(c) School supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. May shows Ruth how to do what but stops abruptly when Matt walks in and sees them?
2. Ruth remembers mistaking __________ for onions one night.
3. Ruth also recalls when she got into the spelling bee and May allowed her to wear what?
4. How does Ruby begin her story?
5. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
2. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
3. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
4. What does Ruby do when Ruth is dragged into May and Ruby's argument?
5. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
6. What led to a friendship between Ruth and Aunt Sid?
7. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
8. What does Ruth do after high school?
9. What happens in Ruth's life while in the hospital?
10. How does Ruth feel about getting married?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)