|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In __________ grade, Ruth was instructed to write a letter to someone, so she chose Aunt Sid.
2. May was the oldest of ________ children and therefore had the burden of the chores placed on her shoulders.
3. Why is Ruth afraid to tell this story and May's reaction?
(a) She is embarrassed and does not want anyone to know what she had done.
(b) She fears Aunt Sid will laugh at her.
(c) She fears Aunt Sid will think her too stupid to be her pen pal.
(d) She fears Aunt Sid will be mad at her for this mistake.
4. Ruth is hired to do what for Miss Finch?
(a) Cook for her.
(b) Set up books on tape.
(c) Organize her her books in braille.
(d) Read to her.
5. Ruth relates the story of her mother's life as it was told to her by whom?
(a) Her brother, Matt.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her counselor, Sharry.
(d) Her Aunt Sid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matt lives in a world that does not include who?
2. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
3. What does May not buy Ruth?
4. Ruth would often catch bees and leave them where?
5. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
2. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
3. What is happening during this time in Ruby's life?
4. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
5. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
6. What does Ruth recall about school?
7. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 16?
8. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
9. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
10. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)