|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
2. What does Randall, Dee Dee's son, do to Ruth?
(a) He bullies her.
(b) He teases her.
(c) He makes a pass at her.
(d) He ignores her.
3. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(a) Ability to make friends.
(d) Lover for their mother.
4. While Ruth is working for Miss Finch, she begins to do what?
(a) Gain more self-esteem.
(b) Blossom into adulthood.
(c) Gain respect in school.
(d) Enjoy learning.
5. Why did May always think Willard would come back to her?
(a) Because the police could not find his body.
(b) Because Willard said he would never leave her.
(c) Because she could not accept that he was dead.
(d) Because the military was never able to supply a body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
2. Ruth remembers the early letters Aunt Sid sent to her, filled with what stories?
3. Sid came to make amends with May over an argument dealing with what?
4. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
5. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
2. What does Ruth do after high school?
3. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
4. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
5. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
6. Describe Honey Creek.
7. How did May come to spend a great deal of time with Willard Jenson?
8. What does Matt do after high school graduation?
9. Why does Ruth begin working for Miss Finch?
10. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)