|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth takes a job where?
(a) At the Suds On 8th Avenue.
(b) At the Atlantis Super Wash Center.
(c) At the Lucky Laundry.
(d) At the Trim 'N Tidy.
2. Ruth remembers the early letters Aunt Sid sent to her, filled with what stories?
(a) Going to college in Chicago.
(b) Going on vacations.
(c) Growing up during the Great Depression.
(d) Growing up in Honey Creek.
3. How does Ruth feel about these books?
(a) She is annoyed by them.
(b) She is excited about them.
(c) She fears them.
(d) She is interested in them.
4. Ruth was left devastated by her own stupidity, despite advancing to the final _________.
5. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
(a) Baked her a special birthday cake.
(b) Bought her a birthday cake.
(c) Took her to Showbiz Pizza.
(d) Made a special dinner for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. May shows Ruth how to do what but stops abruptly when Matt walks in and sees them?
2. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
3. What could Ruth's teachers not help doing?
4. May was the oldest of ________ children and therefore had the burden of the chores placed on her shoulders.
5. How did these feelings about herself affect her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ruth think about these letters from Sid? Why?
2. What happened when May met Elmer Grey?
3. Why is Ruth teased in school? How does she deal with this?
4. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
5. Who is Dee Dee Foote? What does Dee Dee Foote bring out in May?
6. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
7. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
8. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
9. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
10. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)