|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father's friends.
(d) Her little brother.
2. They would dance among what?
(a) The piles of dirty clothes.
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) The pots and pans.
(d) Mops and brooms.
3. May was the oldest of ________ children and therefore had the burden of the chores placed on her shoulders.
4. Immediately after graduation, Matt goes where?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To college.
(c) To summer camp.
(d) To an academic camp.
5. Due to the amount of teasing Ruth receives at school, what does she do?
(a) She asks Aunt Sid for the money to buy bras.
(b) She asks Aunt Sid for the money for school supplies.
(c) She asks Aunt Sid to take her bra shopping.
(d) She asks Aunt Sid for money to buy bras but lies and says the money is for a gift for May's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. On payday, Ruth hands her check over to May except for______ dollars which she puts away in a piggy bank.
2. When May discovered Sid had given Ruth a musical jewelry box, what did she do?
3. In __________ grade, Ruth was instructed to write a letter to someone, so she chose Aunt Sid.
4. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
5. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Ruby having a counselor?
2. What job does Ruby finally get?
3. Why does May's attitude toward Ruth begin to change?
4. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby at the beginning of this section?
5. What leads to May's death?
6. What happens when Ruth is moved up to a normal English class?
7. Describe the time between Ruth and Ruby's marriage and when tension begins.
8. What good day takes place in November?
9. How do Ruth and Ruby feel at the birthing class?
10. Describe Honey Creek.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)