|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
2. May learned the tragic news on what day?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) The day of their first anniversary.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) The day her sister Marion got married.
3. Why did May always think Willard would come back to her?
(a) Because she could not accept that he was dead.
(b) Because the police could not find his body.
(c) Because Willard said he would never leave her.
(d) Because the military was never able to supply a body.
4. How does this affect Ruth?
(a) It forces her to look for a new job.
(b) It give her more work to do.
(c) It gives her a new place to work.
(d) It cuts off her exposure to great literature.
5. Where does Matt go to school in the fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the amount of teasing Ruth receives at school, what does she do?
2. Everyone liked Willard Jenson; he was _______________ young man.
3. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
4. Ruth remembers her first meeting with who?
5. How did Sid feel about Ruth's first letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth do after high school?
2. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
3. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
4. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
5. How does Ruth meet Ruby?
6. How did May come to spend a great deal of time with Willard Jenson?
7. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
8. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
9. How does Artie get Ruth involved in an activity?
10. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)