|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
(a) She was worried.
(b) She was surprised.
(c) She was disappointed.
(d) She was angry.
2. How does Ruby begin her story?
(a) By describing her family.
(b) By describing the town in which she grew up.
(c) By describing herself.
(d) By describing her son.
3. Willard was killed where?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In the Atlantic.
(c) On the train to work.
(d) In the Pacific.
4. Who was going to change the world?
(d) The congregation.
5. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) He joined her class.
(b) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
(c) She was worried about him.
(d) She dreamed to be him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
2. Some of the books are non-fiction, but many of them are classic literature, such as Charles Dickens' Bleak House and Jane Austen's _______________.
3. What does May not buy Ruth?
4. Still she often had trouble with what?
5. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
2. How does Artie get Ruth involved in an activity?
3. Describe Honey Creek.
4. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
5. How did May come to spend a great deal of time with Willard Jenson?
6. With what was May burdened? Why? How did she feel about this?
7. What did Ruth think about these letters from Sid? Why?
8. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
9. How does Ruth's time at Miss Finch's affect her?
10. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)