Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth does not have many memories of her father, but she can recall one afternoon when she helped a _______ deliver its baby how her father patted her on the head and told her she was a good farmer.
2. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(d) Yes, but only at first.
3. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
(c) No one's.
4. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
(b) She was worried about him.
(c) He joined her class.
(d) She dreamed to be him.
5. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
2. Still she often had trouble with what?
3. What does Ruth discover about herself?
4. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
5. Ruth begins working for Miss Finch. Miss Finch lives down the road from the Grey's and lost what in her old age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
2. What does Ruth dream about doing? Why?
3. What does Matt do after high school graduation?
4. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
5. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
6. Who is Dee Dee Foote? What does Dee Dee Foote bring out in May?
7. How do Ruby and Ruth celebrate their marriage?
8. How does Artie get Ruth involved in an activity?
9. Why is Ruth teased in school? How does she deal with this?
10. What happens when May, Ruby, and Ruth go to pick apples?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)