|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
2. Did Ruth have friends?
(a) Yes, some.
(b) Yes, many.
(d) Yes, one.
3. May cooks dinner while Ruth does what?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) The laundry.
(c) Tends to the chickens and collects the eggs.
(d) Watches television.
4. Ruth would often catch bees and leave them where?
(a) In the house.
(b) In Matt's club house.
(c) In Matt's bed.
(d) In Matt's car.
5. Sid came to make amends with May over an argument dealing with what?
(a) May's husband.
(b) Paying the mortgage.
(c) The raising of May's children.
(d) The distribution of their parents' things upon their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she help the team do?
2. May shows Ruth how to do what but stops abruptly when Matt walks in and sees them?
3. Ruth remembers mistaking __________ for onions one night.
4. Ruth remembers the early letters Aunt Sid sent to her, filled with what stories?
5. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
2. How does Ruth meet Ruby?
3. What does Ruth do after high school?
4. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
5. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
6. Why does Ruth believe the people in town must feel sorry for her and her family?
7. What led to a friendship between Ruth and Aunt Sid?
8. Why does Ruth begin working for Miss Finch?
9. What is the one happy memory Ruth has of her family?
10. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)