|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sid feel about Ruth's first letter?
(a) She was annoyed.
(b) She was worried.
(c) She was embarrassed.
(d) She was impressed.
2. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(a) Ability to make friends.
(b) Lover for their mother.
3. May was the oldest of ________ children and therefore had the burden of the chores placed on her shoulders.
4. May shows Ruth how to do what but stops abruptly when Matt walks in and sees them?
(c) Have a casual conversation.
5. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) She dreamed to be him.
(b) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
(c) He joined her class.
(d) She was worried about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth remembers one Christmas when the Reverend at her church announced what?
2. Still she often had trouble with what?
3. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
4. Mrs. Foote's husband dies from what?
5. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Ruth tell about going to a dance?
2. What happened when May met Elmer Grey?
3. Who is Dee Dee Foote? What does Dee Dee Foote bring out in May?
4. What led to a friendship between Ruth and Aunt Sid?
5. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
6. What does Ruth remember about one Christmas?
7. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
8. How does Artie get Ruth involved in an activity?
9. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
10. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)