|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They would dance among what?
(a) The piles of dirty clothes.
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) Mops and brooms.
(d) The pots and pans.
2. They often share personal stories, and sometimes Miss Finch talks about her husband and what?
(a) Their life together.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their home.
(d) Their travels together.
3. What does Ruth discover about herself?
(a) She is good at tennis.
(b) She is good at softball.
(c) She is good at bowling.
(d) She is good at basketball.
4. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
(a) An acquaintance.
(b) A mother.
(c) A sister.
(d) A friend.
5. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His confidante.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
2. The town is so _________ that everyone knows everyone's business.
3. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
4. Ruth would often catch bees and leave them where?
5. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Ruth and Ruby?
2. What does Ruth recall about school?
3. What happened when May met Elmer Grey?
4. Why is Ruth teased in school? How does she deal with this?
5. What leads to Ruth torturing Matt?
6. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
7. How does Artie get Ruth involved in an activity?
8. With what was May burdened? Why? How did she feel about this?
9. What does Ruth remember about a mistake she made cooking one night? Why is she afraid to tell Aunt Sid this story?
10. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)