|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They would dance among what?
(a) Rose bushes.
(b) The pots and pans.
(c) The piles of dirty clothes.
(d) Mops and brooms.
2. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
3. Ruth recalls a time when May suggested Ruth go to what?
(a) A school dance.
(b) A concert.
(c) A party.
(d) A movie.
4. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
(a) She was special.
(b) She was smart.
(c) She was popular.
(d) She was dumb.
5. Ruth relates the story of her mother's life as it was told to her by whom?
(a) Her counselor, Sharry.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her Aunt Sid.
(d) Her brother, Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sid came to make amends with May over an argument dealing with what?
2. When Elmer Grey began coming around, a widower with a farm of his own, May accepted his attentions and they were married when?
3. Ruth feels like an afterthought at graduation. Why?
4. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
5. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Honey Creek.
2. How does Ruth's time at Miss Finch's affect her?
3. Who is Dee Dee Foote? What does Dee Dee Foote bring out in May?
4. Describe Ruth's first meeting with Aunt Sid.
5. What happens between Randall and Ruth? What happens at about the same time?
6. Why does Ruth begin working for Miss Finch?
7. What are two stories Ruth tells to show how unpredictable her mother is?
8. How did May and Willard's marriage come to an end?
9. What led to a friendship between Ruth and Aunt Sid?
10. What is one memory Ruth has of her father?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)