Short Answer Questions Key
1. How does Ruby begin her story?
By describing the town in which she grew up.
2. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
3. The town is so _________ that everyone knows everyone's business.
4. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
5. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
6. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
7. How many happy memories does Ruth have of her family?
8. What happened one afternoon when Ruth's father accidentally spilled ice cream on her head?
Everyone laughed together at that.
This section contains 4,524 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)