|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did May accept this news?
(a) Yes, but only at first.
(b) Yes, she accepted it.
(c) No, she refused it.
(d) Yes, she accepted it a couple days after she received the news.
2. When May discovered Sid had given Ruth a musical jewelry box, what did she do?
(a) She begged Sid to take it back.
(b) She asked Sid to say it was from her.
(c) She quickly confiscated the gift.
(d) She yelled at Sid.
3. May was the oldest of ________ children and therefore had the burden of the chores placed on her shoulders.
4. How does Ruth feel about these books?
(a) She is annoyed by them.
(b) She fears them.
(c) She is excited about them.
(d) She is interested in them.
5. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
2. Mrs. Foote's husband dies from what?
3. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
4. As a child, May would often tell her sisters she was going to do what?
5. The marriage was a happy one, until what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)