|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth begins working for Miss Finch. Miss Finch lives down the road from the Grey's and lost what in her old age?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her ability to speak.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) Her sight.
2. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her little brother.
(d) Her father's friends.
3. Unfortunately Ruth lost out on the spelling bee. How did May treat her?
(d) With disappointment.
4. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
(a) A sister.
(b) An acquaintance.
(c) A friend.
(d) A mother.
5. Due to the amount of teasing Ruth receives at school, what does she do?
(a) She asks Aunt Sid for money to buy bras but lies and says the money is for a gift for May's birthday.
(b) She asks Aunt Sid for the money for school supplies.
(c) She asks Aunt Sid for the money to buy bras.
(d) She asks Aunt Sid to take her bra shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May not buy Ruth?
2. May, either intentionally or unintentionally, does not notice what about Ruth?
3. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
4. Ruth was left devastated by her own stupidity, despite advancing to the final _________.
5. How does Ruby begin her story?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)