|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth remembers her first meeting with who?
(a) Her neighbor Sid.
(b) Her Aunt Sid.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin Sid.
2. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
(a) She was special.
(b) She was popular.
(c) She was dumb.
(d) She was smart.
3. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
(a) She was surprised.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She was worried.
(d) She was disappointed.
4. _________ years later Ruth was born and Matthew the following year.
5. Sid came to make amends with May over an argument dealing with what?
(a) May's husband.
(b) Paying the mortgage.
(c) The raising of May's children.
(d) The distribution of their parents' things upon their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
2. How did these feelings about herself affect her?
3. When they finally married, most people thought it was for what reason?
4. Ruth does not have many memories of her father, but she can recall one afternoon when she helped a _______ deliver its baby how her father patted her on the head and told her she was a good farmer.
5. Ruth remembers the early letters Aunt Sid sent to her, filled with what stories?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)