|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did May always think Willard would come back to her?
(a) Because the military was never able to supply a body.
(b) Because the police could not find his body.
(c) Because she could not accept that he was dead.
(d) Because Willard said he would never leave her.
2. When they finally married, most people thought it was for what reason?
(a) May and Willard were madly in love.
(b) Willard would be going off to war.
(c) May's parents forced Willard to marry her.
(d) May was pregnant from all the time they spent alone together.
3. What could Ruth's teachers not help doing?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Comparing her to Matt.
(c) Comparing her to the other students.
(d) Teasing her.
4. The town is so _________ that everyone knows everyone's business.
5. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
(a) Slower and worse than.
(b) Faster and better than.
(c) The same as.
(d) Similar to how.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
2. When Elmer Grey began coming around, a widower with a farm of his own, May accepted his attentions and they were married when?
3. As children they often played house together, but Matt had to be who?
4. The marriage was a happy one, until what?
5. May learned the tragic news on what day?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)