|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened one afternoon when Ruth's father accidentally spilled ice cream on her head?
(a) Everyone ignored her.
(b) Everyone became angry with him.
(c) Everyone laughed together at that.
(d) Everyone laughed at her.
2. May's main chore as a teenager was what?
(a) The laundry.
(b) The education of her younger siblings.
(c) The cleaning.
(d) The cooking.
3. Unfortunately Ruth lost out on the spelling bee. How did May treat her?
(c) With disappointment.
4. Ruth remembers mistaking __________ for onions one night.
(b) Tulip bulbs.
(d) Daffodil bulbs.
5. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
(a) His confidante.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When May discovered Sid had given Ruth a musical jewelry box, what did she do?
2. May, either intentionally or unintentionally, does not notice what about Ruth?
3. Everyone liked Willard Jenson; he was _______________ young man.
4. Why is Ruth afraid to tell this story and May's reaction?
5. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)