|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
(b) She was worried about him.
(c) He joined her class.
(d) She dreamed to be him.
2. Why did May always think Willard would come back to her?
(a) Because the military was never able to supply a body.
(b) Because she could not accept that he was dead.
(c) Because Willard said he would never leave her.
(d) Because the police could not find his body.
3. May's main chore as a teenager was what?
(a) The education of her younger siblings.
(b) The cooking.
(c) The laundry.
(d) The cleaning.
4. They often share personal stories, and sometimes Miss Finch talks about her husband and what?
(a) Their life together.
(b) Their home.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their travels together.
5. The town is so _________ that everyone knows everyone's business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth would often catch bees and leave them where?
2. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
3. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
4. The marriage was a happy one, until what?
5. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)