|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crowley say is Laylah's number?
2. What series of Yogic positions does Crowley cite in Chapter 73?
3. Who is riding a camel in the beginning of Chapter 73?
4. In his commentary, Crowley describes woman as being one of the what?
5. In Chapter 68, Crowley is eating at a restaurant reflecting on how his situation compares to that of other ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process for returning to infinite nothing, as described in Chapter 74?
2. Describe Crowley's equation of creation and destruction in "The Fool's Knot."
3. What does Crowley write of THE GREAT WORK in "The Bull Baiting"?
4. Describe Crowley's views of women, as noted in "The Dowser."
5. What joke does Crowley make in the end of "Windmill Words"? What does this indicate?
6. What symbols does Crowley use in "Plover's Eggs"? What do they represent?
7. How does Crowley relate restaurants and sex in "Constancy"?
8. What does Crowley indicate about light in the ritual of "Twig?"
9. What does Crowley write of the Chinese octave in Chapter 44? What is his meaning?
10. What is Crowley's conclusion in "Phaeton" regarding the horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of OUR LADY OF BABYLON in "The Book of Lies". Who is this an allusion to in the Holy Bible? Why does Crowley reference her here?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Crowley's use of metaphor in "The Book of Lies". In what ways do Crowley's metaphors mirror those used in other theologies and mythologies?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the Masters of the Temple? Where does Crowley discuss this group? How does numerology play into Crowley's descriptions of the Masters of the Temple?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)