|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, the reasoner chooses how many spheres and proclaimed them to be all of existence?
2. Crowley states that when the universe is in _____, anything can topple it.
3. What does Crowley define as the Ultimate Reality?
4. Chapter 36 includes ritual for performing what?
5. Who will be the father of the one child the feminine of Chapter 4 gives birth to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Oyster represent and what is Crowley's meaning in this chapter?
2. Describe the Masters of the Temple from Chapter 7. Who are these figures and what does Crowley write of them?
3. What does Crowley write of the Venus de Milo in his commentary of the text? What does this imply?
4. What does the figure of Laylah represent to Crowley? What is written of her in "The Pole Star"?
5. What does Crowley write of Daath, the sephirot, and Tiphareth?
6. What does Crowley suggest man's relationship with God be in "The Blind Webster"?
7. What does Crowley write of the Knights Templar?
8. What is Crowley's conclusion of contradiction in "The Battle of the Ants"?
9. Describe Crowley's depiction of the structure of the universe in "The Glow Worm."
10. What does Crowley describe IT as in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and define the following terms and discuss their meaning in the text: The Abyss, Nuit, Hadit, and Ra-Hoor-Khuit. Where does Crowley discuss these in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the chapters "The Oyster" and "Peaches." What subject and themes do these chapters share? How do they differ? What does Crowley express about the feminine in these chapters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the figure of Laylah in "The Book of Lies". Who is this figure based on in real-life? What is her significance thematically in the text?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)