|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, Crowley speculates that the eagle the Templars worshiped was what?
2. In Chapter 33, what is the name of the Christian military order in the Middle Ages?
3. What is the Feminine referred to in Chapter 3?
4. What does a person become upon reaching the end of The Path?
5. The Gun-Barrel is both a reference to the will and the what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What numerological statement does Crowley assert in "The Dragon-Flies"? What is his meaning with this number?
2. Describe the Masters of the Temple from Chapter 7. Who are these figures and what does Crowley write of them?
3. What does Crowley describe IT as in Chapter 31?
4. What are the four triads Crowley uses to set forth his theory of the universe's creation?
5. What is Crowley's conclusion of contradiction in "The Battle of the Ants"?
6. What does Crowley question of the feminine energy in "Peaches"? What is his conclusion?
7. What does Crowley write of the Knights Templar?
8. What does the figure of Laylah represent to Crowley? What is written of her in "The Pole Star"?
9. Discuss the Buddhist principles that Crowley introduces in "Pilgrim Talk."
10. In "Onion Peelings," what does Crowley assert about tragedy and comedy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What reference does Crowley make to Samson from the Holy Bible in the text? What is this in reference to? What is Crowley's message in this chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Qabbalah in "The Book of Lies". How does Crowley use Qabbalah in determining his chapter titles and numbers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Crowley's use of metaphor in "The Book of Lies". In what ways do Crowley's metaphors mirror those used in other theologies and mythologies?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)