|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What series of Yogic positions does Crowley cite in Chapter 73?
2. In the end of Chapter 73, Crowley writes of the Infinite Snake _____.
3. How many different yoga positions and meditative states are listed in Chapter 47?
4. Crowley states that he is against all what in Chapter 80?
5. Where has the man in Chapter 55 spent all of his money on a trip with his love?
(b) Monte Carlo.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 71 is an anthem repeating that there is no better way to purify the mind and body than what?
2. Chapter 64 is a conversation between Crowley and the angels Din and who?
3. In Chapter 48, Crowley writes, "the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the _____."
4. The magician in Chapter 44 says, "There is no grace: there is no guilt: This is the Law: _________."
5. The workers in Chapter 54 are told by travelers that The Word is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Crowley's views of women, as noted in "The Dowser."
2. What number is prominent in Chapter 54? What is this parable about?
3. Discuss the ritual of the "Mass of the Phoenix."
4. What does Crowley write of logic in "Hashed Pheasant"?
5. Describe Crowley's equation of creation and destruction in "The Fool's Knot."
6. What is Crowley alluding to within "The Duck-Billed Platypus" in describing the Rose?
7. What metaphor does Crowley use for the mind in "Dust-Devils"? How may this be interpreted?
8. What does Crowley write of life and death in "Mulberry Tops"?
9. What does Crowley write of the Chinese octave in Chapter 44? What is his meaning?
10. Describe Crowley's Buddhist influences in "Buttons and Rosettes." How does his philosophy differ from Buddhist principles here?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)