|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Latin for I will endure to the end?
(a) Nuit Arma Virumque.
(b) Omni Verusabus.
(c) Solomne Victus.
(d) Frater Perdurabo.
2. What is the title of the fourth chapter?
(b) The One.
(c) The Battle of the Ants.
(d) The Oyster.
3. Who does Crowley speak to in Chapter 29?
4. In the tenth chapter, Crowley informs the reader that while ______ may appear to have some logical structure, this is just an illusion.
(b) The Abyss.
(d) The Heaven.
5. Crowley writes in Chapter 40 that all things reflect only what they are not and so appear to be their _________.
(a) Exact opposite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crowley suggest we seek to kill every day in Chapter 16?
2. If a man can comprehend Ultimate Reality, the chain of _____ on his neck will be broken.
3. Crowley indicates that Chapter 38 is only comprehensible to whom?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. Crowley prays to Horus to take away the concept of what in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crowley equate love with death in "The Stag-Beetle"?
2. What does the Oyster represent and what is Crowley's meaning in this chapter?
3. How is Crowley's depiction of God different in "The Smoking Dog" than in previous chapters?
4. What does Crowley write of the Venus de Milo in his commentary of the text? What does this imply?
5. Describe Crowley's thoughts on waiters in "The Despot." What is this a metaphor for?
6. What is Crawley's message to the reader in "The Swan"?
7. Describe the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
8. What is Crowley's position on disease in "The Mountaineer"?
9. Discuss the Buddhist principles that Crowley introduces in "Pilgrim Talk."
10. What is Crowley's conclusion of contradiction in "The Battle of the Ants"?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)