|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crowley asserts in Chapter 33 that man is actually the what of God?
2. Crowley states in Chapter 33 that the Templars were the direct precursors of whom?
(b) Christian Right.
3. It is written in Chapter 32 that nothing is done well until the person doing it is completely _____ of it.
(d) In sync.
4. What statue does Crowley estimate is actually an approximation of the male body?
(a) Venus de Milo.
(c) The Thinker.
5. What character is introduced in Chapter 28?
(a) Frater Perdurabo.
(c) Our Lady Babylon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 36 includes ritual for performing what?
2. ___ refers to the Greek goat god but is also a generic name used to refer to all who live above The Abyss.
3. How many parts does Crowley assert energy is divided into?
4. In the word OUT, "O" represents nothing or a void, while "T" signifies a phallus, and "UT" represents what?
5. Holy Three-in-Naught are Hadit, Ra-Hoor-Khuit, and who?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Crowley's use of numerology in "The Elephant and the Tortoise."
2. What does Crowley write of the Knights Templar?
3. What are the four triads Crowley uses to set forth his theory of the universe's creation?
4. What is the Gun-Barrel symbolic of?
5. Describe Crowley's thoughts on waiters in "The Despot." What is this a metaphor for?
6. What does the Oyster represent and what is Crowley's meaning in this chapter?
7. What does Crowley write of Daath, the sephirot, and Tiphareth?
8. What is Crowley's position on disease in "The Mountaineer"?
9. Describe the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
10. When does Crowley describe making love to Laylah in "The Southern Cross"? What is this symbolic of?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)