|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a person become upon reaching the end of The Path?
(a) The Path.
(b) The Way.
2. What is the fourth part of the Sephirah?
3. The life giving force of the universe is also shown to be related to the number ___ because like a tortoise shell she covers and protects all things, including Jehovah.
4. Holy Three-in-Naught are Hadit, Ra-Hoor-Khuit, and who?
5. Crowley explains that both dreams and consciousness are distortions of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crowley define as the Ultimate Reality?
2. Crowley asserts in Chapter 0 that the "O!" refers to both an ecstatic exclamation and what?
3. In Chapter 18, Crowley writes that the _____ is the essence of a man.
4. Crowley prays to Horus to take away the concept of what in Chapter 2?
5. Who says that the universe is actually a joke in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Crowley describe making love to Laylah in "The Southern Cross"? What is this symbolic of?
2. What are the four triads Crowley uses to set forth his theory of the universe's creation?
3. What is the Gun-Barrel symbolic of?
4. What does Crowley write of Daath, the sephirot, and Tiphareth?
5. What is Crowley's conclusion of contradiction in "The Battle of the Ants"?
6. What does Crowley write of Horus in "The Cry of the Hawk"?
7. Describe Crowley's depiction of the structure of the universe in "The Glow Worm."
8. What does Crowley describe IT as in Chapter 31?
9. How does Chapter 27 relate to Chapter 15? What story does Crowley tell in "The Sorcerer"?
10. Describe Crowley's use of numerology in "The Elephant and the Tortoise."
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)