|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crowley portrays himself as an ____ in his desire to fight.
2. Crowley celebrates The Great Work as being what?
3. Crowley describes the ego as what coming from the mind?
(c) Spring water.
4. In his commentary, Crowley describes woman as being one of the what?
(b) Masters of the Temple.
(d) Lower animals.
5. The second wheel Crowley mentions in Chapter 78 is that of the Law or what?
(a) The Word.
6. What series of Yogic positions does Crowley cite in Chapter 73?
7. What word means the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something?
8. The first wheel mentioned by Crowley in Chapter 78 is the what?
(a) Wheel of Love.
(b) Wheel of Tarot.
(c) Great Wheel of Samsara.
(d) Great Wheel of Chance.
9. How many different yoga positions and meditative states are listed in Chapter 47?
10. Chapter 49 bears a strong resemblance to what book of the Bible?
11. Crowley states that he is against all what in Chapter 80?
12. In the end of Chapter 73, Crowley writes of the Infinite Snake _____.
13. The ritual that Crowley explains in Chapter 62 is about being reborn like a what?
14. What does Crowley write was an object of worship in most early cults?
(a) The earth.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
15. Crowley asserts in Chapter 57 that the Rose is useless without what?
(c) A woman.
(d) The Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Crowley writes that in Tarot the Devil card represents what?
2. Chapter 53 describes a man attempting to find water using what?
3. In Chapter 48, Crowley writes, "the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the _____."
4. What word does Crowley ascribe to the supreme soul?
5. What is the Word of Double Power?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)