|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The workers in Chapter 54 are told by travelers that The Word is what?
2. Chapter 64 is a conversation between Crowley and the angels Din and who?
3. The first wheel mentioned by Crowley in Chapter 78 is the what?
(a) Wheel of Love.
(b) Great Wheel of Chance.
(c) Wheel of Tarot.
(d) Great Wheel of Samsara.
4. Crowley asserts in Chapter 57 that the Rose is useless without what?
(a) The Cross.
(c) A woman.
5. What word means the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something?
6. The title of Chapter 77 compares Laylah to the what?
(c) Tree of Life.
7. What is the Word of Double Power?
(d) ALLAH AKBAR.
8. Chapter 49 bears a strong resemblance to what book of the Bible?
9. The magician in Chapter 44 says, "There is no grace: there is no guilt: This is the Law: _________."
(a) Do what thou dream.
(b) Do what thou wilt.
(c) Do what thou think.
(d) Do what thou believe.
10. Crowley asserts in Chapter 60 that the best men in England are what?
11. What does Crowley refer to as man's deepest state of mind?
12. What does Crowley compare the universe to in Chapter 41?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A solar system.
(c) A river.
(d) A desert.
13. What series of Yogic positions does Crowley cite in Chapter 73?
14. What does Crowley write is the root of all sorrow?
15. What number is Chapter 54 preoccupied with?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his commentary, Crowley describes woman as being one of the what?
2. What does the Lily represent which takes in the dying man?
3. What does Crowley assert is all that can be proven in Chapter 45?
4. In Chapter 68, Crowley is eating at a restaurant reflecting on how his situation compares to that of other ______.
5. Crowley suggests that certainty is a form of creation, and ____ is a form of destruction.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)