|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the man in Chapter 55 spent all of his money on a trip with his love?
(a) Monte Carlo.
(c) New York.
2. What represents different stages of Crowley's cosmology in Chapter 76?
3. What does Crowley write is the root of all sorrow?
4. Crowley asserts in Chapter 57 that the Rose is useless without what?
(b) A woman.
(c) The Cross.
5. In Chapter 68, Crowley is eating at a restaurant reflecting on how his situation compares to that of other ______.
(a) Great prophets.
(b) Great writers.
(c) Great thinkers.
(d) Great artists.
6. With what does God have a conversation in Chapter 50?
(a) A snake.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A stag-beetle.
(d) A horse.
7. Crowley states that he is against all what in Chapter 80?
8. In Chapter 48, Crowley writes, "the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the _____."
9. What does Crowley write was an object of worship in most early cults?
(a) The earth.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
10. Crowley suggests that certainty is a form of creation, and ____ is a form of destruction.
11. What word does Crowley ascribe to the supreme soul?
12. What does Crowley disgustedly refer to people as in Chapter 68?
13. Crowley asserts in Chapter 60 that the best men in England are what?
14. Chapter 49 bears a strong resemblance to what book of the Bible?
15. Who is riding a camel in the beginning of Chapter 73?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 59's short poem on fate, Crowley writes he views fate as good because he will become a what?
2. The second wheel Crowley mentions in Chapter 78 is that of the Law or what?
3. Crowley portrays himself as an ____ in his desire to fight.
4. The travelers cross the universe amidst how many seas?
5. Crowley writes in his commentary that the travelers in the desert are the what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)